Pulled build significance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
eskimoquin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:27    Post subject: Pulled build significance Reply with quote
I've used DD-WRT for years but my skill level and comfort with how all this works are low.

Last month I installed r56409 on my main router and was going to put the same build on a newly acquired router being that the recent builds were "pulled" as stated in the forum. Also, their folder is gone in the downloads/betas index.

I now found that the downloads/betas for r56409 was gone as well. Does this mean that build was also pulled? What is the best way to tell if/why a build was pulled and if there are any security concerns with any builds?

Thanks
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
If a build is pulled it can cause functional problems, perhaps not on all platforms/chipset but to be safe do not use it.
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guess I didn't notice that the build was pulled - in fact, all between 56380 and 56490 were removed. Taking appropriate actions now. Thanks for the query.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
eskimoquin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, I see more "pulled" tags now. Thanks! So I assume if the build is no longer in the index of downloads that it has been pulled (and it is usually because of stability).

Is there a specific forum/thread that I should monitor for security issues?

Thanks for your help!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 16:50    Post subject: Scratching at the 8-ball or brick wall... Reply with quote
I don't expect anyone to put the time into creating such a (single) thread for security / bug / stability issues as it would require following DD-WRT development, OpenWRT development, Linux kernel development, and development of every included package in the development tree. That would be a full-time job for an unpaid volunteer.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: