GUI: Expand NAT/Qos screen with IPv6 firewall support

m-snel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 19:39    Post subject: GUI: Expand NAT/Qos screen with IPv6 firewall support Reply with quote
My ISP has dual stack in place so all my devices get both a IP4 and IP6 address. Behind my R8000 on DD-WRT I have a raspberry dedicated for hosting a simple html site.

For it to be reachable off course portforwarding for IPv4 needs to be set up. This can conveniently be done in the GUI and it will also make the appropriate FW rules.

For IPv6 however, there is no "easy" way to do it other than manually do ip6tables in the cli (or I haven't found it yet).

As switching to IPv6 will become more and more common due to the increasing scarcity (there are people with IPv6 only internet already) and a lot of the users don't look further than the GUI (as they are basic users, just like me I prefer the GUI also) I was thinking wouldn't it be an idea to have a IPv6 section in the NAT screen? I know IPv6 doesn't have translation, but maybe give a bit of IPv6 firewall control there.

This could be done by having the following fields there:
- Application
- Protocol
- Port
- IP6 address
- Enable/Disable
and when these values are filled in the and saved these variables will, in the background, run the accordingly ip6table for the firewall therefore allowing devices to be reachable from the internet can for IPv6 be done as easily as now for IPv4.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: