make a global Mac:Name Map definable - show Name in the web

AndreBerlin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 18:43    Post subject: make a global Mac:Name Map definable - show Name in the web Reply with quote
This is a feature request resulting from General Questions forum:

Currently I have a Huawai LTE gateway that provides the DHCP for two dd-wrt accesspoints (2 dd-wrt routers) that are connected via LAN to the gateway. So I have no DHCP on dd-wrt side and so I removed "Static Leases" without having names anywhere in dd-wrt.
Just mac's everywhere and thats a bit confusing..

-> It would be nice to define a global name MAP by mac's that is used to display name in status/wireless and everywhere else where a name can be showed by Mac.
-> That must be independently to DHCP because that can be outsourced to another host !
Just make a global Mac:Name Map definable and use it in webfronts for showing the name..
Maybe show the name by Mac (using this Map) even in Static Leases definition page and in DHCP Monitoring.
..use a global Map everywhere it's possible in webfronts

This request can be handled with low priority, just needed for showing names when the DHCP is outsourced..

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: