New Build - 06/02/2023 - r52869

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
CR_Apollo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 19:23    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7800 r52869 std (06/02/23) Reply with quote
nkaufman wrote:
MLandi wrote:

I think you need to erase nvram and then re-enter your settings manually. It sounds to me like your nvram has something corrupted or incorrect. I know this is a pain to do, but I've been there before and this does solve many issues.

I did ask about this earlier in one of the New Build posts.
Because I made changes over time to some settings, I'm not sure what's the best way to capture current settings so that I can replicate that after erasing nvram.

Also, I think a post mentioned that telnet into dd-wrt and running - 'nvram erase && reboot' does not always work. I might be mistaken but that's what I understood.

So, should I telnet, run 'nvram show' save all settings in a file.
Run 'nvram erase && reboot'
run 'nvram show' again and save in another file
Compare the 2 files using winmerge or something.
Change current settings to old settings values wherever needed
Will that work?

Thanks

You cannot do a clean setup by using a backup file. Settings have to be done from scratch.

I had to do this about 2 months ago on my R7800. I just print every configured page from the Web GUI and do a print to PDF to backup/store my settings. There are other ways, but this is easiest for me to manually setup everything from scratch referencing those PDF files I made. Every windows machine will allow you to print to PDF. It is just selecting that instead of the printer. Save each page you print PDF named the same as the tab is called in DD-RT and you have that to use in the future as well. Anytime I make a big change to something, I just reprint that tab again and overwrite to older PDF.

While I know how to do it via SSH, I prefer to use the GUI web portal. I usually do the reset, set the new password, then do one more reset before doing the setup again. I do two resets to be sure everything is 100% cleared out. (Web GUI Restore to Factory Defaults)
Sponsor
nkaufman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:12    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7800 r52869 std (06/02/23) Reply with quote
CR_Apollo wrote:

You cannot do a clean setup by using a backup file. Settings have to be done from scratch.

I had to do this about 2 months ago on my R7800. I just print every configured page from the Web GUI and do a print to PDF to backup/store my settings. There are other ways, but this is easiest for me to manually setup everything from scratch referencing those PDF files I made. Every windows machine will allow you to print to PDF. It is just selecting that instead of the printer. Save each page you print PDF named the same as the tab is called in DD-RT and you have that to use in the future as well. Anytime I make a big change to something, I just reprint that tab again and overwrite to older PDF.

While I know how to do it via SSH, I prefer to use the GUI web portal. I usually do the reset, set the new password, then do one more reset before doing the setup again. I do two resets to be sure everything is 100% cleared out. (Web GUI Restore to Factory Defaults)

I think you must have misunderstood my post. What I was talking about is just having all settings - using nvram show - in a file and then comparing with settings after update and changing settings manually. There is no backup file other than a text file.

Have seen a few posts where people have missed printing out pages and lost settings. That's why I'm trying to gather all information before doing it.
CR_Apollo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:17    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7800 r52869 std (06/02/23) Reply with quote
nkaufman wrote:
CR_Apollo wrote:

I think you must have misunderstood my post. What I was talking about is just having all settings - using nvram show - in a file and then comparing with settings after update and changing settings manually. There is no backup file other than a text file.

Have seen a few posts where people have missed printing out pages and lost settings. That's why I'm trying to gather all information before doing it.

You can read the backup file in a text editor as well. But reading from that is a little more difficult to understand than the printing of the page from the browser.

Don't forget that you can down grade too, and restore the cosponsoring CFG. I have 6 different versions wit a CFG backup stored locally for stuff like that, where something gets lost or deleted by mistake, I restore to one of tee versions I have a good CFG for and grab the details again.

It is a good habit to always make a CFG just before and right after the upgrades, which I always do and name them accordingly.

I think at this point, these messages are not in the right place. Should create another post for assistance, and one of the Gurus can likely help. They may not respond here as these posts are not meant for this, really, more for reporting issues specific to the builds.
KACTET
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: TP-Link WDR4900 V1
Update method: WebUpgrade
File/Kernel: tl-wdr4900-webflash.bin 52869 / Linux 4.4.302-st40 #3257 Fri Jun 2 11:54:14 +06 2023 ppc
Previous/Reset: r52148 / no
Mode/Status: Gateway / Up and running for 4:51 hours
Issues/Errors: Nothing significant
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Router/Version: TP-Link TL-WR841ND v11
Update method: WebUpgrade
File/Kernel: tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin 52869 / Linux 3.18.140-d6 #173786 Fri Jun 2 16:28:12 +06 2023 mips
Previous/Reset: r52720 / no
Mode/Status: AP wired and wireless / Up and running for 4:19 hours
Issues/Errors: Nothing significant

The fact is that the router connected to the Internet (to the Internet provider). And it reports an error, the orange WAN indicator flashes (the icon in the form of a planet). Internet is working, I just think it's a glitch

Thank you BS and gurus!

TP-Link WR1043ND v4 - DD-WRT 51838
TP-Link WR1043ND v2 - Gargoyle OS 1.13.0
TP-Link WR841ND v11 - DD-WRT 55303
Broadcom
Asus RT-AC87U R - DD-WRT 55460
Asus RT-N66U - DD-WRT 55460
Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 - DD-WRT 54517M
Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 - FreshTomato 2023.4_MIPS_K26
Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 - Gargoyle OS 1.6.2
matjazk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Netgear XR500
File/Kernel: DD-WRT v3.0-r52869 std (06/02/23) / Linux 4.9.337 #1973 SMP Fri Jun 2 13:20:58 +07 2023 armv7l
Previous/Reset: r52330 / No
Mode/Status: WDS Station, USB / OK
Issues/Errors: The first boot was really slow, subsequent reboot much quicker. Otherwise works OK.
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 13:03    Post subject: New Build - 06/02/2023 - r52869 Reply with quote
Router: Tp-Link TL-WDR3600 v 1.5
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d11 #134819 Fri Jun 2 14:47:24 +06 2023 mips
Reset: No
Mode: Internet gateway, WIFI 5GHz AP, dnsmasq, iptables firewall
Issues: Some yellow marked events in logs. That's nothing significant
Uptime: more than 3 days

Device working rather correct. All services are up and working. Performance is on acceptable level.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: