wrt54gv3 HELP!!! first time install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ak1985
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 18:50    Post subject: wrt54gv3 HELP!!! first time install Reply with quote
hey, I'm new to using ddwrt (This is my first install) and not a computer wiz at all. I have a older Linksys wrt54gv3 router I installed the recommended build (14929) to do the original flash of the router and then setup the router as a repeater bridge from what I found on a YouTube video. It works good for my computer to connect to it, but it won't let me connect my phone to the Wi-Fi it keeps kicking me off. So, my question is should I upgrade? and if so, what build works best for using it as a repeater bridge? So that I can connect my phone and some security cameras to the Wi-Fi. I'm a good distance from the router I'm connected to (About 50FT away) is there a build that works well over a distance that would be able to accomplish this? Any advice would help thank you.
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
What was the reason for configuration as a repeater bridge vs. repeater? Possibility of wifi settings causing issue (or not).

Linksys WRT54G V3.0

According to the note in the device wiki and other information in the forum, it's probably a good idea to upgrade to the current release and report so that we know there's nothing completely broken.
Quote:
NOTE: build 22118 std [1] is the last std build that will run on this router. All later std builds until the builds released in late 2017 will not fit in the flash partition and those builds do not have a compatible radio driver, see [2]

Current release as of this post is 06-02-2023-r52869/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin(direct link)

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
ak1985
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to do the upgrade and get everything up and running but every time I try to go to the wireless page to setup the repeater mode it won't open it just logs me out of the management page and won't let me back in until I sign in again or go to the previous page I tried 2 different builds the one you mentioned and the one at the top on the wrt54gv3 page neither one lets me stay connected any suggestion's
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you using a wired ethernet connection to do this? What browser are you using?

Recommended browser information courtesy of sir blkt:

recommended browsers, troubleshooting, dd-wrt, etc.

It is highly recommended that you use a separate browser in Private, Incognito, or InPrivate browsing mode with no add-ons or extensions loaded, especially password managers.

Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
lockntross
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 19:21    Post subject: good luck Reply with quote
Good Luck
ak1985
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
no weird browser just internet explorer also tried it with Microsoft edge but i didnt do it in a private browser im not real good with computers i did get it to load and log in however when i tried to change the wireless tab it kept kicking me out of the router login page any idea why this is happening
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're saving passwords or using a password manager, that might be the reason. Previously shared browser recommendations still apply, especially Firefox Portable or Firefox ESR portable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: