TP-link Acher C7 V1.1 MOD questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 17:31    Post subject: odd thing Reply with quote
ok i log in with user root but with my user password

odd
ssh root@192.168.0.50 asked for my user password
Sponsor
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
There are no "user" accounts on dd-wrt. Only root. When you configure a username/password on first boot, the username is really just an alias for root. IOW, you're actually configuring the root account. When you subsequently access telnet or ssh, they require root as a username. It's the GUI that uses the alias.

I know, confusing, but that's just the way dd-wrt has always worked.

ok i will log out of ssd and test with telnet
but why did the web gui now doesnt accept neither root or the user i created? any way to fix that?

and yes i can telnet using root/mypassword but that does not work on the web gui
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you know where the gui information is stored?
now it looks like the problem is there
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
Code:
nvram show | grep admin

??

that gives me size:23952 (41584 left)
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
Code:
nvram get http_username
nvram get http_passwd

Encrypted, of course.

true got a ton of letters on each of those
any way to delete those or decrypt them
also they can be right but the server discard them
makes no sense that after turning ssh or telnet on those wont work anymore
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
Encryption is a one-way function. You can't decrypt them back to their original input value. That's why they're used. When someone logs in, the service takes the passed username/password, encrypts them, then compares the results to what's stored in nvram. IOW< even the router doesn't know your username/password when it comes to the admin page. Only the encrypted results.

Not sure why you'd want to delete them anyway. I've seen ppl delete and replace them w/ encrypted values based on known input values, typically because they've forgotten the original input values. But not just arbitrarily deleting them.

what are you talking about i dont want to do anthing like this i know what encription does that is not the point here i just want to have access again to the web gui or have some command to reset it as there is something on the firmware that stop working when i turn telnet or ssh on
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
You're messing w/ mods, so who knows what effects those mods might have had. I also have no idea what you do and don't know. Or the true situation there. I have only what tidbits you provide me work with. I have to assume the worst and make my best guess as to how to help you. And at the moment, that's the best I have.

no not really i m using a plain version of the firmware downloaded from the site i didnt add anything to it yet the only thing i did is replace the 5g card and it is working

this problem is brand new something is odd here
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
The minute you change the hardware, no matter how trivial you may assume that change to be, all bets are off! You can't and shouldn't assume anything. You're in uncharted territory. And that's why it's hard to provide help, esp. across this forum.

that is true but the new card is working perfectly i just upgraded the firmware to DD-WRT v3.0-r39827 std (05/20/19)

its also beta so some bugs will eventually show up
the 5g card is working all this firmwares were made by BrainSlayer its the http /telnet/ssh that is odd

i will test now with this firmware and check if i still have the same problem
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 20:27    Post subject: thank you so much for your time and assistence @eibgrad Reply with quote
thank you for trying to help me with this problem
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
still does the some

i go to administration select managment
turn on telnet the 23 port show up

press save wait a bit and there a window asking to put
user and password pops out
saying please sign in
no matter what i put there it wont work
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
this happen all the way back to
DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std (10/10/1Cool

does anyone as any ideia why?

something on the web gui part break as soon as i turn those options on
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 18:33    Post subject: and there i go again.... Reply with quote
Router as been working well with DD-WRT v3.0-r44044 std (07/31/20)

it would be nice to upgrade it with something more recent for some reason

webupdate wont work it breaks the connection and i have no ideia how to do it with tftp for example
how do i put dd-wrt in tftp mode?
thanks
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Connection to router disruption is to be expected. Did you wait at least 5 minutes and open a new browser tab/window and open http://192.168.1.1 (or whatever you set router IP to) and see if the firmware version upgraded? You may be running a release that webUI upgrade is broken in.

If webUI upgrade is in fact not working, you have a couple of options. Via telnet / ssh, you can do one of the following:

For US market models:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget -O firmware.bin http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2023/06-02-2023-r52869/tplink_archer-c7-v1/tplink_archer-c7-US.bin && tail -f /var/log/messages

For other market models:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget -O firmware.bin http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2023/06-02-2023-r52869/tplink_archer-c7-v1/tplink_archer-c7.bin && tail -f /var/log/messages

These will show flash progress or tell you if the firmware image size is too big. That is for the current DD-WRT release as of this post.

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
rictec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 20:31    Post subject: thank you for your fast reply Reply with quote
dale_gribble39 wrote:
Connection to router disruption is to be expected. Did you wait at least 5 minutes and open a new browser tab/window and open http://192.168.1.1 (or whatever you set router IP to) and see if the firmware version upgraded? You may be running a release that webUI upgrade is broken in.

If webUI upgrade is in fact not working, you have a couple of options. Via telnet / ssh, you can do one of the following:

For US market models:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget -O firmware.bin http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2023/06-02-2023-r52869/tplink_archer-c7-v1/tplink_archer-c7-US.bin && tail -f /var/log/messages

For other market models:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget -O firmware.bin http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2023/06-02-2023-r52869/tplink_archer-c7-v1/tplink_archer-c7.bin && tail -f /var/log/messages

These will show flash progress or tell you if the firmware image size is too big. That is for the current DD-WRT release as of this post.

after some fights with it i manage to upgrade it for good or bad
now i m on DD-WRT v3.0-r52869 std (06/02/23)
thank you for your reply i did change to opera to upgrade

Last edited by rictec on Sat Jun 03, 2023 21:43; edited 1 time in total
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recommended browser information courtesy of sir blkt:

recommended browsers, troubleshooting, dd-wrt, etc.

It is highly recommended that you use a separate browser in Private, Incognito, or InPrivate browsing mode with no add-ons or extensions loaded, especially password managers.

Please consider editing your post so your reply isn't within my quoted post <eyeroll>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: