New Build - 05/15/2023 - r52569

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
fizikz wrote:
Both r49792 and r49741 have had reason 16 de-authentications.

Not sure what else to try. I could either stay on known working old version like r47925 and risk security vulnerabilities, or upgrade to the latest and hope the issue gets fixed eventually.

The de-authentication events are fortunately very brief and the clients re-establish connection almost seamlessly, but I'm not sure if it could create issues for time-sensitive applications like voip or video calls.

I would rather not take the risk running old builds...
I also have lots of those kind of deau/recconeect events mostly on my R7800 and they occur all in one second never had problems with any devices...
Once again if those do not cause troubles, those are normal WiFi functioning..

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Sponsor
fizikz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quite right, I don't like the thought of risking security.

And yes, the de-authentication/re-association takes 4-5 seconds in logs, and appears fairly seamless in that the client users typically don't notice.

Still, I wouldn't consider this normal wifi behavior, and the proof of that is it did/does not happen on older builds.

Updated to r52671 and within an hour there has already been one reason 16 de-authentication on my client in the logs, but I did not notice it in usage. I guess I'll keep updating and hoping to land on a build that works out better. I wish I could pinpoint the source of the issue.
fizikz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I just couldn't take it anymore with the disconnections as they were causing problems with voip calls. I've downgraded to r49361 as it was discovered in this thread to be the last build without the issue: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332497

Hopefully it doesn't represent too much of a security concern as it's just a WAP that was downgraded, not the main router. I'll test newer builds from time to time.

I made a new thread to track this reason 16 deauthentication issue here: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1287184
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: