WDS not working on Broadcom BCM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tsenov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:38    Post subject: WDS not working on Broadcom BCM Reply with quote
Hi guys,

yesterday I've tried to config WDS on two BCM routers - TP-Link Archer C9v2 (GW/AP running r52330) and Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (Client running r52369). The Nighthawk gets 0 signal from the C9.
I tried it on the 2.4G following the Linking Routers guide with settings:

Wireless Network Mode: N/G Mixed
Wireless Channel: 11
Turbo QAM: Disabled
STP: Enabled
Wireless Security: First enabled, than disabled - nothing changed.

Over the years of experience with DD-WRT I have set many WDS, but they were all QCA devices and never had an issue with them. That's my first time trying it on BCM and I'm not sure where I got wrong.

Can somebody confirm successful WDS config on some of this two routers?
During the searches I've found that AndyOxon reported his WNDR4500 successfully configured as WDS, but with DHCP disabled:

AndyOxon wrote:
Router/Version: Netgear WNDR4500 / v2
File/Kernel: dd-wrt.v24-48402_NEWD-2_K3.x_giga-WNDR4500V2.bin / 4.4.302 #14628 Sun Feb 20 15:00:49 +07 2022 mips
Previous/Reset: r48393 / No
Mode/Status: Router, AP, WDS, NAS, Entware / Perfect
Issues/Errors: Nothing obvious

Hardware (Device/Firmware/Roles):
Netgear RAX50 | Stock | Gateway, DHCP, AP, NAS.
Netgear WNDR4500v2 | FreshTomato | Router, WAP (2G), WDS-AP (5G), Samba, Torrent Client.
Netgear WNDR4500v2 | FreshTomato | Router, WAP (2G), WDS-AP (5G).

I'll try to set wds on the 5G later today and if not working maybe will try a Repeater mode, since I need to cover 2 stories, 140 sq/m house without using any cables.

Any ideas, feedbacks and comments will be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

mwchang
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:26    Post subject: Re: WDS not working on Broadcom BCM Reply with quote
tsenov wrote:
Over the years of experience with DD-WRT I have set many WDS, but they were all QCA devices and never had an issue with them. That's my first time trying it on BCM and I'm not sure where I got wrong.

Can somebody confirm successful WDS config on some of this two routers?
During the searches I've found that AndyOxon reported his WNDR4500 successfully configured as WDS, but with DHCP disabled:

Something to do with wireless inteface naming convention? "wl0" vs "eth1"? That the WEBUI always said there was a "wl0" for all routers when there might be none??

You can list all interfaces by command "ifconfig"!

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
tsenov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry about that. I have set the wds on wl0. Right now I'm not on the site so I can't check with ifconfig. Will come back after test it.
My main question was is it possible to config WDS at all on these latest builds, or I'll need to downgrade to some older builds when the function is working well.

PS: Also not sure how to execute "ifconfig", because I'm using Windows...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: