Vlan Configuration R7000 vs R7800

crows
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 3:03    Post subject: Vlan Configuration R7000 vs R7800 Reply with quote
Ive just upgraded to R7800 (thanks to recommendations from this forum) now Im trying to replicate settings from my R7000 configuartion to my R7800 configuration.

All the settings are pretty much the same except the Vlan settings for my ISP, Ive tried a few combinations but I have no success i.e. no internet. I'm running the same builds on both routers r52369. The R7800 has an additional option and uses different terminology that is throwing me out. I have attached 2 images, one for my R7000 which is working and the other R7800 with one of my tested configuartion that isnt working. I would appreciate if someone can have a quick look and help me out. The r7800 image is cutt-off at the bottom, the ports are all enabled. It also has 2 additional options IGMP snooping and 802.3az EEE both are disabled.
Ive looked through some older posts and it mentions not to setup vlan via the swconfig gui, is this still the case? if not Im really out of my depth if I have to use commands to acheive the comparison config from my R7000 to R7800
I'm sorry I have attached 2 files which are identical.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=334342

these are two different routers that require different settings.

The R7800 has two CPU ports and can transfer 1Gbit full duplex between WAN and LAN.

The R7000 has only one CPU port and can only transfer 500Mbit full duplex between WAN and LAN.

It is possible to configure the R7800 the same way but why the hell would you want to?
crows
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because at the moment I cannot logon to my ISP...dont know what else to try.
I was only trying to configure it so that I can connect back to my ISP.
ho1Aetoo wrote:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=334342

these are two different routers that require different settings.

The R7800 has two CPU ports and can transfer 1Gbit full duplex between WAN and LAN.

The R7000 has only one CPU port and can only transfer 500Mbit full duplex between WAN and LAN.

It is possible to configure the R7800 the same way but why the hell would you want to?
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even on the screenshot of your R7000 I don't see any special VLAN settings - those are the default settings.

If it works on the R7000 with the default settings then it will work on the R7800 with the default setting too ....

(see my link for the default settings of the R7800)

or reset the router if you have set other nonsense ...

These are as I said two different routers that require different settings ...
I can assure you that it is not the VLAN configuration ...

You have not configured and tagged any special VLANs - these are as I said the default settings.
crows
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks....I called my provider and they said that they removed the permission of taging Vlan 2 for third party routers because it was causing too many problems, and advised me to disable it, even though it had been working fine on the R7000 for ages. Anyway I did that on the R7800 and it worked.
So sorry to have wasted this space for nothing, I did waste a whole day.

ho1Aetoo wrote:
Even on the screenshot of your R7000 I don't see any special VLAN settings - those are the default settings.

If it works on the R7000 with the default settings then it will work on the R7800 with the default setting too ....

(see my link for the default settings of the R7800)

or reset the router if you have set other nonsense ...

These are as I said two different routers that require different settings ...
I can assure you that it is not the VLAN configuration ...

You have not configured and tagged any special VLANs - these are as I said the default settings.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Post screenshots .........
In the link I posted it is also well explained how to tag the WAN port (if needed)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: