WRT3200 with SERCOM DM1000: several seconds lag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
kmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 22:50    Post subject: WRT3200 with SERCOM DM1000: several seconds lag Reply with quote
Hi,

I recently ran into an issue with my Linksys WRT3200 router and am hoping that somebody can help me solve it. I have been using the WRT3200 router for several years with DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std (11/03/20) without issues. However, revently I switched from DSL to Cable and needed a new modem (SERCOM DM1000). When I connect this modem to the WAN port, there is a lag that occurs randomly. This lag usually lasts for several seconds. It can happen as often as once every minute or things can be fine for more than 30 minutes. There is also no issue if I use this modem with a different router excluding the modem as the culprit.

The strange thing is that if I put a switch between the modem and the router the lag is gone. I am somewhat suspicious that this may have to do with the fact that the Sercom modem can handle up to 2.5 GBPs. Maybe it believes the WRT3200 can do as well and this results on random crashes of the network. However, the WRT3200 shows a 1 GBps connection.

It works now with the switch in between but I would rather like to connect this directly. Does anybody has an idea what could be the problem or can let me know how I can troubleshoot this?

Many thanks!
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are already on correct path to diagnosing problems between modem and router but r44715 really needs to go.
04/14/2023 - r52330: Upgrade, verify successful then hardware reset, factory defaults, or nvram erase && reboot.
kmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many thanks for the feedback!

I will try the new version out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: