ea6350 Yes i know it's old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
enesha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:43    Post subject: ea6350 Yes i know it's old Reply with quote
So I was resurrecting my old 6350 to give to someone who needed some extra capabilities if not speed.

It had ddwrt but I did something and reset to stock. Since then I have tried super-hacky and all the rest of the builds. They just fail, trying to do a full ddwrt from web gives a size error. Nothing too surprising here.

Really wanting to use this hardware I wanted to just plain serial flash it and be done. Here's my problem really starts. I have attached some pics. As you can see I have a usb-uart device working on my linux machine. My machine does recognize the device and creates a ttyusb0 device. When attaching the sub to the jtag port I have ground to ground per previous dicrections and obviously swapped tx/rx.

When I boot with all three wires connected, the link lights on the back turn on but never off and doesn't seem to boot. if I remove tx and or rx it will boot normally. AM I doing something wrong? I thought the jtag would be relatively straightforward. use tty and get cfe from putty and work from there.

I know it's an old device but i'm hoping the help is more universal than all that. I just want something that will be wifi client and ap, don't care about the relatively low speeds this will support just don't feel like putting the money into an asus and maybe merlin

Any help would be appreciated Smile

IMG_20230210_223109604.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.2 MB
 Viewed:  637 Time(s)

IMG_20230210_223109604.jpg

IMG_20230210_223201155.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.76 MB

IMG_20230210_223201155.jpg

IMG_20230210_223119615.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.74 MB

IMG_20230210_223119615.jpg

Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it a V1 or V2? V2 requires serial flash:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_EA6300

mengalva's post on pg 16 of Linksys EA6350 Support thread

Flashing the Linksys EA6350 v2 in 2021: A layman's journey (bonus read)

Linksys EA6350: Hard reset not working and passwd also (bonus read)

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
reckel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 21:49    Post subject: Did you consider.... Reply with quote
Was messing around with my old Linksys EA6350 (v1) and my old usb to Serial cable from adafruit (https://www.adafruit.com/product/954#technical-details) and can report that the serial works well. In fact, loaded the v3.0-r51937 and ran fine (no load or config - on the bench)

Have you considered that the logic levels may be too low at 3.3 v for that board you're using?? couldn't tell what is was from the fingers and focus issues.

In an intersting note - the CPU will actually boot from the power of the dongle when I added the power (red) cable to pin one - very confusing for a moment when the damn thing is runing with power off (of course none of the switches or leds are working....)

BUT - If you get the logic levels right, you don't even need to attach the twelve VDC to test comms

-- Just an old guy with too much time and ambition on his hands --
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
TX RX GND only, and do not connect 4th wire 3.3V or 5V! TTL-232R-RPI, FTDI USB to TTL serial 3.3V, Adafruit 954
Avoid cheap counterfeit clones or prepare for problems, old driver workarounds, or connect ground after power on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: