[SOLVED]Invalid file type when flashing tp-link archer c7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
rebgershon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
TFTP flash should always work.

Now I'm getting more confused Sad
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
rebgershon wrote:
1. Factory to dd-wrt.bin & 2. tp-link.archer.a7.v5.0.bin which is the one to use please?
1. Factory FW to DD-WRT installer via stock webUI or TFTP. 2. future DD-WRT upgrades via DD-WRT webUI or CLI.

Firmware software version mismatch affects stock webUI, and TFTP, but there was version bump a while ago to fix.
rebgershon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many thanks to BLKT, the flashing has worked but the front panel LEDs ain't half weird.

I know this is a'cosmetic' problem but just want to make sure this is 'normal'.

POWER led ON solid green
Both WiFi LEDS flash green intermittently
LED that looks like Saturn lit orange continually (I haven't connected to internet yet)
LAN 3 & 4 LEDs illuminate green permanently without devices connected
LAN 1 & 2 LEDs illuminate green when there's a LAN cable connected to a device

I'll now change the username and password as per instructions and go from there.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
LED activity behaves differently from stock firmware and potential corrections are lowest priority to main functions.
rebgershon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks again for your reply.

I now have another query but not sure where to post so please advise if I need to post this elsewhere.

I'm having great difficulty setting up the router for wireless bridge mode. Before changing to DD-WRT there was a facility to scan all local wireless routers and connect with auto configuration for the required settings - I can't find a similar facility here. I tried following instructions on your wiki and youtube video but it seems dated as from 2013 and one of the settings is to assign 'WAN port to switch' but in the latest FW version this option seems absent unless its been moved somewhere else.

I'm trying to use my mobile phone as the main router connecting to the internet. Gateway is 192.168.147.254 with DNS1 the same address. I need to use the A7 as a secondary router, setting this up to use with a VPN service, IPVanish and route all connections through this so any additional help to do this as well would be greatly appreciated.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
If iPhone see WAN Connection Type USB tethering option, but Android 12 or higher find a USB to Ethernet adapter.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Consider setting up in repeater (station) mode instead of bridge mode.
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: