WRT610N V2 conversion to E3000 (stock firmware) -> Barryw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
topsecret
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 18:40    Post subject: WRT610N V2 conversion to E3000 (stock firmware) -> Barryw Reply with quote
Hi there,

First things first, I want to thank Barryware for his guide on how to change a WRT610N v2 to a E3000.

I followed his instructions and the upgrade went smoothly. Right now I'm running on the latest stock linksys E3000 firmware (version 1.0.03) and it works fine. Very stable, but I'm missing some extra features.

I converted the router using this way:
WRT610N v2 (stock firmware) -> E3000 (dd-wrt firmware posted in the instruction of Barryware) -> E3000 (stock firmware). I want to flash a stable dd-wrt firmware back to the E3000 (stock firmware). I have read the guide of Barryware over and over again but it doesn't say how to do this. When I tried to load a eko dd-wrt fw for the E3000, the upgrade page says after 14%: Upgrade failed. Thankfully the router keeps working. So this means that the E3000 CFE and the stock linksys firmware has some firmware header checking onboard.

My question is: How can I upgrade my converted E3000 to a stable build of dd-wrt (eko v15508)? Keep in mind that I do not have ssh or scp access to change the cfe again, because I'm running the stock E3000 fw.

I have all files (cfe, original WRT610N v2 firmware) backed up.

Thank you very much for your answers.
Sponsor
Ronnie_USA
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the wiki first>> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3000 , there is a special build you flash with first.

With frater's simple ad-blocking script
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep thats it, follow what Ronnie linked, keep in mind you have an E3000 now, so E3000 rules apply. And unless you revert it back to a wrt610n v2, you'll always have an e3000 now.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
topsecret
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:43    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote
Buddee and Ronnie_USA,

Thank you very very much for the wiki link. I have read the wiki last week but I didn't see the logical connection between the wiki and an E3000 running stock linksys fw.

Now that you guys explained that to me, I followed the steps and my converted E3000 is running DD-WRT once again.

I will edit the wiki link with some more information and I will also put that you can use the steps in the wiki to upgrade your converted E3000 (running stock linksys fw) to DD-WRT. This will make it easier for a lot of users (I hope).
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:30    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote
topsecret wrote:

I will edit the wiki link with some more information and I will also put that you can use the steps in the wiki to upgrade your converted E3000 (running stock linksys fw) to DD-WRT. This will make it easier for a lot of users (I hope).

Either edit it in or if you don't feel like editing in a bunch of info over it, just edit in a link to this post, it'll explain the rest Smile

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
topsecret
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nah, I'm a pretty lazy person, but I'm very active when trying to help other people with their routers. I have edited the wiki already.

Once again thanks for the info Very Happy
toke lahti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since this is the only one of 3 threads about wrt610->e3000,
I thought I'd ask here.

I currently run DD-WRT v3.0-r51976 (03/08/23) with my wrt610nv2.

What would be the benefits of changing it to e3000?

Is the procedure still the same with fresh mega3-fw already installed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: