Linksys WRT54GL as Repeater Bridge - Stable firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Dimbley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 17:30    Post subject: Linksys WRT54GL as Repeater Bridge - Stable firmware Reply with quote
Hello all,

I would like to set up my old Linksys WRT54GL as Repeater Bridge. As I read, it's recommended to obtain information about stable build here on forum. Does anyone have experience with setting this router as RB and could share with me the working version?

Another questions I've been wondering is the encryption mode on acess point router. I read that the used encryption should be AES type. On my AP router the chosen encryption is TKIP&AES. Does it mean that encryption used is both TKIP & AES, so there will be no possiblity to connect to this router with dd-wrt soft?
Sponsor
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum.

The equipment you mention is a legacy one, one that has a broadcom corerev=9 IIRC. You ask for "stable" firmware (some other people would ask for "secure" and/or "up to date" firmware). Being that the case, I would run 15962 v24_std_generic on it.

On the other hand, for an "N" router, it's recommended to set WPA2_personal+AES. Your equipment is "G", but still those settings are considered secure enough for a normal use. If you set TKIP/AES you're allowing to use either one.

Note: a "G" repeater will connect AND share maximum 54Mbps among the users AND the main AP. For a DSL connection that should be OK, but if you have a higher speed ISP (like fiber) I'd recommend to look for faster equipment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: