R7000P limits to 100mpbs. I have seen posts but no solution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gaspatcho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 20:02    Post subject: R7000P limits to 100mpbs. I have seen posts but no solution Reply with quote
I have both a Netgear r7000 and an r7000p with DD-WRT. My r7000 works fine and delivers full bandwidth but the r7000p seems to be limited to just under 100mbps even though I have 1g fiber service. When I connect a notebook machine directly to my modem, I get full speed but when I connect the r7000p to the modem and the notebook to one of the ethernet ports, I only get about 95mbps. I have seen some other reports of this problem on the forum but none of the suggestions worked for me. It is using version 3.0-r51288 Std 1/12/2023. I checked the status and it shows 1000mbps for both Modem and Ethernet ports.

Do you have any suggestions?
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the main Setup -? Basic Setup tab, under WAN, for Shortcut Forwarding Engine, use CTF / CTF+FA. You will have to save, save, and then reboot (twice)
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
twindragon6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check your switch config. Also try a newer build 02-18-2023-r51741 is out now.

Config.jpg
 Description:
Switch Config
 Filesize:  200.03 KB
 Viewed:  1947 Time(s)

Config.jpg

gaspatcho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 23:08    Post subject: R7000P limits to 100mpbs. I have seen posts but no solution Reply with quote
dale_gribble39 wrote:
On the main Setup -? Basic Setup tab, under WAN, for Shortcut Forwarding Engine, use CTF / CTF+FA. You will have to save, save, and then reboot (twice)

It was already set to CTF/CTF+FA but I rebooted it twice and installed the 2/18 version but I have the same result: the status page show 1000mbps but it only goes to 100mbps on both transmit and receive. It's like something internal to the router has set a 100mbps limit. Is there any way to diagnose the problem?
twindragon6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 0:05    Post subject: Re: R7000P limits to 100mpbs. I have seen posts but no solu Reply with quote
gaspatcho wrote:
dale_gribble39 wrote:

It was already set to CTF/CTF+FA but I rebooted it twice and installed the 2/18 version but I have the same result: the status page show 1000mbps but it only goes to 100mbps on both transmit and receive. It's like something internal to the router has set a 100mbps limit. Is there any way to diagnose the problem?

Make sure QOS is turned off!!!

Try updating your drivers, double check your advanced network settings, try flashing back to stock and see if its still an issue, if not then upgrade to the latest build. If it's only one device, it could just be that device. Bad driver, incorrect settings etc. You could do an iperf test.
https://iperf.fr/iperf-download.php
wabe
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you checked that the cable you use is CAT6? I ran into this problem a couple of years ago. You can also check on the switch config page after plugging in the cable.
Asus AC-68U rev. A1 on Build 53339
gaspatcho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
wabe wrote:
Have you checked that the cable you use is CAT6? I ran into this problem a couple of years ago. You can also check on the switch config page after plugging in the cable.

So far, I have tried all the suggestions. The iPerf shows 85mbps in and out from WAN or LAN. The numbers are so close that it seems the speed is being regulated by the router.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you reconfigured from scratch with the newer builds after 51589. There have been quite a few variable name changes in the firmware.

It might be worth a reconfig (No reload from backups) at this point.

[EDIT] Never Mind...I see you are on an older build 51288....sorry

redhawk
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have factory reset and the problem is still there I would suggest you flash back to stock Netgear FW and test, maybe a fault with router.
Network IPV4 - Isolated Vlan's with IoT Devices. Unifi AC-Pro x 3 AP's, Router Wi-Fi Disabled. OVPN Server With Paid Commercial Wireguard Client's. Gateway Mode, DNSMasq, Static Leases & DHCP, Pi-Hole DNS & Running Unbound.

No one can build you the bridge on which you, and only you, must cross the river of life!
SageModeSimba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:09    Post subject: Re: R7000P limits to 100mpbs. I have seen posts but no solu Reply with quote
gaspatcho wrote:
I have both a Netgear r7000 and an r7000p with DD-WRT. My r7000 works fine and delivers full bandwidth but the r7000p seems to be limited to just under 100mbps even though I have 1g fiber service. When I connect a notebook machine directly to my modem, I get full speed but when I connect the r7000p to the modem and the notebook to one of the ethernet ports, I only get about 95mbps. I have seen some other reports of this problem on the forum but none of the suggestions worked for me. It is using version 3.0-r51288 Std 1/12/2023. I checked the status and it shows 1000mbps for both Modem and Ethernet ports.

Do you have any suggestions?

Check your switch configuration in the setup page, and this might sound goofy, but try switching your regulatory domain and click save! It should say regulatory mode or something, try to change that.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
How exactly are you testing throughput? If you test via the router itself, then you will get mixed / inaccurate results. Wired client on LAN to iperf server connected wired to the WAN or similar resource on the Internet. Wireless performance and throughput is a mixed bag as it is heavily dependent on client hardware as much as it is dependent on DD-WRT and your configuration.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
gaspatcho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 15:24    Post subject: Resolved, it was a cable issue, status was incorrect. Reply with quote
After trying more cables, I finally got it to work. The status was misleading because both the WAN and LAN ports showed 1000mbps but the throughput was trimmed to 100mbps. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: