Connection refused 2.4 Ghz every x time Tp Link Archer C7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
well reading your lines..
there is nothing that could stop you to use DNSmasq for DNS or your own DNS preferred servers..
if its not working, its due to bad configuration...
you can even use Stubby for DNS or SmartDNS (GUI option) to be able to use DNS over TLS or DNS over HTTPS (encrypted DNS)..

And yes using Archer C7 v2 single core CPU for NAS dlna and other stuff its CPU is craving and hot happy with this stuff around..no CPU left router could behave funny...you have to consider either an router update or not using some of the heavy stuff..
In general things that ware working on your old build now are updated and those may need more CPU time so yes it was working back in the days but not now...but if your working ram is going low this is other issue that could be related to mem leak or so, been using some heavy services and this may need some serious diagnosing and work...as Archer has 128Mb of mem...
You can play with some USB settings to fiddle out if those will work better like buffer size and ect.. but in general transfer files to USB and around takes some fair load of CPU...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Sponsor
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello good!
Regarding DNSmasq for DNS, this happens to me, if I activate it, I lose my isp's cloud tv services, VOD, cloud recordings and the 7-day service for example. It does not happen to all people who have the same ISP with contracted TV services. The reason, unknown, "something" will have the ISP configured.
My router (I have HFC technology) my provider's router is in bridge mode, and from there to my archer. This is discussed in forums in my country, when installing ddwrt and those of us who have this isp with these TV services (everything goes through their decoder) we lose those options. The only way not to lose them is by deactivating this function.
It doesn't make much sense, or my knowledge doesn't go much further, but it's the only way not to lose all the provider options with ddwrt...

Indeed, regarding DLNA and samba, yes, that is what I have deduced, I only have one processor and when I ask for something heavy, it comes "down", like file transfer. It didn't happen with the previous version, I understand that the new versions have more options and require more processor, the ram, which is 128mb, goes to 5%, but doing tests I have seen that with the previous version, it also happens, but it doesn't the router comes down.
I can "sacrifice" the transfer of files through samba, at least the heavy ones, I can move them by hand, but DLNA if I need it, I haven't had time to test it 100%.
At the moment I'm still waiting for wifi how it behaves, because it was my main problem.
If this is solved, then we would go for DLNA for example and the tests you mention.

Again, thanks a lot!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: