Adding VLAN breaks a port

crespoh69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:48    Post subject: Adding VLAN breaks a port Reply with quote
Hey guys, I was following this guide on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ds4o2RxHAc&ab_channel=DevbaseMedia

When I create the VLAN though, it seems to break port 1 on my R7800. He seems to reference this around the 5:53 mark as it appears to be happening to him as well. He provides a fix that does appear to work for me for ports 2 and 3 but port 1 remains broken. If I revert changes though all works fine. It's only when a VLAN is active. Is there any way to fix this? I'm running Kong's last firmware on the 7800 and other firmwares other than stock cause me to boot loop so if the fix is an firmware upgrade, I won't be able to do that unfortunately.
Sponsor
shb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
curious, what version number is that ? konig ?

I have vlans setup on both an R7000 (running r47000 ish ) and also on a Linksys wrt1900acs (running latest) . I found the r7000 easy to setup and worked straight out of the box. But the Linksys was a bit tricky with a great "how to" provided in the various sticky notes. It also came up fine - after all the steps were done, and the vlans have been robust on that also.

Then again r7000 is not a r7800.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
We cannot support firmware that is 4-5 years old.
Very few people will use a firmware that is full of known security holes.

And regarding the Youtube video, a Netgear R7800 is not a Linksys E4200.

The R7800 is an Atheros router with two CPU ports (a two-armed router).
The E4200 is an old Broadcom router with one CPU port (a one armed router).

On Broadcom routers the switch configuration tab does work and on the R7800 it usually does not!!!

We configure VLANs on the R7800 with the "swconfig" command.

See the post from egc: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1269839#1269839

DDWRT VLANs, VAPs and WAPs 4.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: