Wifi clients suddenly can't connect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
invisible
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:56    Post subject: Wifi clients suddenly can't connect Reply with quote
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r50963 std (11/28/22)
Router Name WRT-AC-1900
Router Model Linksys WRT1900AC

Nothing was touched on router config, I discovered this morning that mac and one iphone can't connect to the wifi - you see rotating wheel next to wifi name on iphone and the wifi connection never comes up. The same for the mac.

Rebooting the mac, iphone, router - did not help. Once I changed the channel bandwidth from 40mhz to 20mhz the mac was able to connect but not iphone.

Then, Samsung TV and Nest dropped from the network as well. Restarting them did not help either.

What happened and how do I fix it? Again - did not touch anything on router/clients...
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try cold boot. Do not use auto channel. Not enough information, something changed. Gremlins? Hardware failure?

Fall back to previous build r50927 or upgrade to current r51887. Reconfigure from scratch. Forget saved networks.
invisible
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
So the solution was to restore settings from the backup I took >1 month ago. Router rebooted itself after restoring and all clients connected back without a problem.

I did not change firmware or settings on clients. Auto Channel was never in the settings, BTW.

While I have a working workaround, still wonder what might be causing this situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: