Cannot run I2P because "ERR-SymmetricNAT"

Leo28C
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:05    Post subject: Cannot run I2P because "ERR-SymmetricNAT" Reply with quote
The port is open on both TCP and UDP, and can be seen from the outside, but I2P complains about "symmetric NAT". How do I disable this? I googled it but it got too technical too quick... I just want to run a proper, full-bandwidth I2P node. I was able to with my previous modem/router combo and the only reason I replaced everything with something DD-WRT-compatible was because the large amount of connections overwhelmed my old router... so it would be an absolute shame if this is unfixable which is the impression I got from the google search... I literally wasted $450 if I can't fix this symmetric nat shit

EDIT: btw it's a Netgear R7500 v1... latest beta firmware (3.0-r51787 std)
Sponsor
Leo28C
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
anybody...?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have the Public IP on the WAN of the dd-wrt router?

Have you enabled uPnP in dd-wrt? (NAT/QOS->uPnP Tab)

$450 was expensive for a R7500 V1 with it's non working 5ghz radio. I payed less for my R7800 when it was brand new.
Leo28C
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
EDIT: Disregard everything below. I don't know what I touched but it's fixed. I2P now routing at full steam, and all of my other ports are open as well! Might have been QoS causing the problem, I'll have to keep playing around with it AFTER I back up these golden working settings lol. Thanks!

-----

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Do you have the Public IP on the WAN of the dd-wrt router?

Are you asking if my IP address shows up under Status->WAN? If so, yes it's there under IPv4

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Have you enabled uPnP in dd-wrt? (NAT/QOS->uPnP Tab)

Yeah, first thing I tried.

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
$450 was expensive for a R7500 V1 with it's non working 5ghz radio. I payed less for my R7800 when it was brand new.

Nah I had to get a new modem and some new cabling too; the router itself was like $180. If I had that much money to spend on the just router I would've got a R7900 instead lol. I was lucky to even find this one; apparently it was the very very last R7500 on amazon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: