Active and DHCP list orders by IP

Jouster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:47    Post subject: Active and DHCP list orders by IP Reply with quote
I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct/best place to ask, and I've just spent about 10 minutes looking for answers if honest I'm a little surprised no one else appears to have asked yet.

I, like many, use DDWRT Services tab to hand out static IPs for every known device on my network...enables me to really keep an eye on what is doing what and it's been bulletproof for a couple of years now.

I often use the script that tidies up the services list and puts it into IP address order...again just makes it easier to manage and find things when required.

So now, my question is this...is there a simple script or any way I can force the Staus>LAN tab to display the Active Clients or DHCP client or preferably both in IP order the same as the Services tab.

Would just make checking for issues much easier...and whilst I can of course just use ctrl+F to find stuff...having it all in some sort of order would just be easier.

In case it's important...could well be) I am using the following Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43886 std (07/21/20) on a Linksys WRT1200AC.

It may well be that a newer version might have what I am looking for, but I thought I would check first

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Sponsor
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can click on the table headers to sort the columns
but often does not stay sorted for long because the page reloads automatically
Jouster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah realised that but it also doesnt sort them in numberical order....so .100 will be alongside .10 and .1 so was just wondering if there was any way we can force the order and numerical sorting order
djk44883
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't see what order is used to sort Active Clients. It appears to be sorted by "In". How much data that client has moved or transferred? regardless if it's still actually doing much anymore.

I don't see any reasoning to the sort for DHCP Clients. Obviously there's something since update keeps it's order.

It may help if we could understand what order these are in by default.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: