about NETGEAR R8000 with ddwrt ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
DLink-DIR825M
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 16:00    Post subject: about NETGEAR R8000 with ddwrt ?? Reply with quote
i will get netgear x6 r8000 ac3200 Triband ...

what features will ddwrt support ?

does it supoort triband ?

does it support (2.4 ghz repeater with different name? and dhcp from source?)

does it support (5 ghz repeater with different name? and dhcp from source?)

does it support transfer between the dual 5 ghz ?

what max speed on 2x2 (2.4, 5 ghz) ?

what max speed from (usb 3.0, 2.0) on 5 ghz ??

N.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.8 KB
 Viewed:  6137 Time(s)

N.png

Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will move your post to the appropriate Broadcom forum

See the forum guidelines with helpful pointers about how to research your router, where and what firmware to download, where and how to post and many other helpful tips:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=netgear+r8000+site%3Aforum.dd-wrt.com
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the latest build thread a user reports no problems with his R8000: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=333602

You can always PM (send a Personal message) to that user

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
PM discussions don't promote public discussion which is valuable to the community at large, if they take the time to read and search the forum.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, sometimes when I see a person/new member didin't tried at all to find at least some answers (there are plenty of them on forum), didn't contributed in any way (helped someone else, wrote some topic here on the forum, wrote some ddwrt wiki tutorial, tested any build and gave some thoughts) I just don't have any will to help. I did it before but just got tired... Always the same... But let try to help this user and do his homework:

it depends of RAM of unit. On r8000 there is enough RAM but some options depends on unit board, chipset itd... there is this demo https://forum.dd-wrt.com/demo/index-2.html so take a look.

does it supoort triband ?

ofcourse. but about wifi. There are 2 types of build experimental with brcmfmac driver and "regular" build with dhd driver... ddwrt has some kind of agreement with broadcom and gets dhd blobs from broadcom and then community do the testing...

does it support (2.4 ghz repeater with different name? and dhcp from source?)

does it support (5 ghz repeater with different name? and dhcp from source?)

not sure what you mean but it supports different kind of repeaters(station+AP is repeater)... +dhd build of arm broadcom has some kind of new repeater imported from tomato

does it support transfer between the dual 5 ghz ?
can you elaborate this? I don't get it...

what max speed from (usb 3.0, 2.0) on 5 ghz ??
usb speed has nothing to do with wifi speed... usb read/write depends on filesystem and CPU freq and RAM... wifi speed depends on wifi conditions like number on stations and aps on selected channel...

I had 1300Mbps on info page when routers are near each other but couldn't get above 550Mbps transfer... about USB and samba... on exFAT I got 10MB/s

btw @ kernel your comment didn't contributed in anyway... I don't understand why you have to comment every time...
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mile-Lile wrote:
Well, sometimes when I see a person/new member didin't tried at all to find at least some answers (there are plenty of them on forum), didn't contributed in any way (helped someone else, wrote some topic here on the forum, wrote some ddwrt wiki tutorial, tested any build and gave some thoughts) I just don't have any will to help. I did it before but just got tired... Always the same... But let try to help this user and do his homework:
----------
btw @ kernel your comment didn't contributed in anyway... I don't understand why you have to comment every time...

You answered your own question in your opening statement(s) Wink And if you've really been paying much attention, I've been rather quiet. I can go back to being hyper-focused interactive if it means that much to you Rolling Eyes

----------------------
Cobra1582
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
i use an r8000 not a reliable as my r7000 but it is good. look a some of my post and you will see some of the problems. you have to tinker with wifi setting to make all 3 bands work.
js290
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:46    Post subject: Re: about NETGEAR R8000 with ddwrt ?? Reply with quote
DLink-DIR825M wrote:

You will likely lose full duplex performance on the WAN interface using dd-wrt.
CR_Apollo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Something I'd like to chime in with, is that messages in the forums are still not going to be the best, as they do not help a lot if the information is not easily collected and cataloged for future use.

With the way the world is going, everyone wants an answer very quickly and easily. As much as I love DD-WRT and every effort everyone puts into it, the answers are not easily found. I spend hours upon hours searching for stuff that I end up just giving up. If the question is something easily answered within an organized document posted, then I get that people should stop asking.

As a suggestion, maybe where builds are concerned, all responses per model type get tagged and placed into heir own section. (IE: Build numbers and also broken down or sort able by models tested) Of course, this means being able to cpture the data and have required fields in a feedback doc. Plain text, being noted differently by every user, does not make it easy to capture right now.
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
You must understand that people here are voluntary. People has jobs, families etc. It will sound roude but what have you done for this community? You have good ideas, so why don't you start from yourself and make those documents you are talking about. Gather all infos about r8000 and post it in a single post... that is a good start, and then people will follow and contribute too... and everyone will benefit...
sounds good, but reality is much different...
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed.

The suggestion is something that I was working on, but the problem is, people want a single thread for a device, and as well-documented throughout this entire forum, that turns into an up to 200-page cesspool of repetitive discussion because people don't want to search or take the time to read because they're lazy and threads that large are cumbersome. That gets old, tiring, and makes finding information much more difficult for new users. I defer to the Forum Rules and Guidelines as well as the README-FAQ Announcements and stickies. There are plenty of times, I have shotgunned fish hooks in my posts (read: linked forum threads and wikis that people seemed to be completely oblivious to) with mixed results. Personally, I can't just magically see what is on your desk and I can't just take down my network to fix your problem. Re-deference to FR&G, stickies, and Announcements.

----------------------
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
CR_Apollo wrote:
With the way the world is going, everyone wants an answer very quickly and easily.

So bad for them...you can also blame all the smart phones/tablets and greasy screens industry ... or the new world order that means stupid people with "screen in da hand" and manifesting i know everything and i know how to work with google...and im better than you race...but sadly with poor knowledge and experience...than those head bang and start b***ing if the stuff they search is not in the bloody google...and they have to put more effort in a deep search and understanding...very likely those bail out quickly...(sadly to say 20-30% of my colleges at work, mostly young people)..

CR_Apollo wrote:
As much as I love DD-WRT and every effort everyone puts into it, the answers are not easily found. I spend hours upon hours searching for stuff that I end up just giving up. If the question is something easily answered within an organized document posted, then I get that people should stop asking.

You didn't search deeply enough...or your effort was not enough..or you just dont know how to search...or may be things that you searched for ware not present...at all...
If you couldn't find something for hours and hours...your best bet would ve been, open a new thread,
post what you need, what effort you paid, what are your findings, what your try'n err yielded (testing) and ect. Than there would be more helpful thread, than just asking again the same thing that has been answered many times...and another of the same threads...again..and again..

no hard feelings or strings attached... Laughing Laughing

CR_Apollo wrote:
As a suggestion, maybe where builds are concerned, all responses per model type get tagged and placed into heir own section. (IE: Build numbers and also broken down or sort able by models tested) Of course, this means being able to capture the data and have required fields in a feedback doc. Plain text, being noted differently by every user, does not make it easy to capture right now.

Good can you do this...?? Just do it...!!

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
CR_Apollo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
CR_Apollo wrote:
With the way the world is going, everyone wants an answer very quickly and easily.

So bad for them...you can also blame all the smart phones/tablets and greasy screens industry ... or the new world order that means stupid people with "screen in da hand" and manifesting i know everything and i know how to work with google...and im better than you race...but sadly with poor knowledge and experience...than those head bang and start b***ing if the stuff they search is not in the bloody google...and they have to put more effort in a deep search and understanding...very likely those bail out quickly...(sadly to say 20-30% of my colleges at work, mostly young people)..

You didn't search deeply enough...or your effort was not enough..or you just dont know how to search...or may be things that you searched for ware not present...at all...
If you couldn't find something for hours and hours...your best bet would ve been, open a new thread,
post what you need, what effort you paid, what are your findings, what your try'n err yielded (testing) and ect. Than there would be more helpful thread, than just asking again the same thing that has been answered many times...and another of the same threads...again..and again..

no hard feelings or strings attached... Laughing Laughing

CR_Apollo wrote:
As a suggestion, maybe where builds are concerned, all responses per model type get tagged and placed into heir own section. (IE: Build numbers and also broken down or sort able by models tested) Of course, this means being able to capture the data and have required fields in a feedback doc. Plain text, being noted differently by every user, does not make it easy to capture right now.

Good can you do this...?? Just do it...!!

For sure, I am willing to help out. I have reached out to egc to see where I can offer some time of value. While my idea in theory sounds good to me, as KP mentions, there's some effort here already and I do not want to reinvent the wheel, so to speak, to find out that mt theory or effort cannot fit for some unknown reason. I just don't have all the facts to say that my suggestion would even work, or if DD-WRT has already tried something similar which faced limitations or failed because lazy is not the only factor, but rather even having a structure like this, some people still don't do things right to make it properly.

As for all the responses, I agree with you guys, but at the same time, doesn't DD-WRT want to reach more people, no matter how lazy there are, they may donate, right?
Runed0S
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
A huge problem with dd-wrt is that the wiki is locked down and pats of the site are broken.
Some of the info in the wiki is literally over a decade out of date and doesn't work anymore.

We need more volunteers, a site revamp, and documentation that is actually up-to-date.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: