"access point" "no internet" WNDR3400v1

Goto page Previous  1, 2
pmarion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's a lot of topics! I guess I have my reading for the next day or so!

I started here: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm concerned that this is beyond m skill level / outside of my skillset. It appears that I would have to solder on the router PCB, correct?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
pmarion wrote:
I'm concerned that this is beyond m skill level / outside of my skillset. It appears that I would have to solder on the router PCB, correct?

From the looks of this picture, soldering would be optimal but with a helper 🙋 the wires
could be held in place by hand.

Just have to figure out what goes where.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can send me the device and I can install the header and get the developer the info needed; if you want it back after, then we'll need to discuss further in PM. Not sure why it's balking at de-bricking without serial, but I don't have any similar (Netgear) routers in inventory (yet).
At some point, people just get plain tired of this place.
Because they are tired of bottom-feeders and the same old hat.

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
pmarion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
You can send me the device and I can install the header and get the developer the info needed; if you want it back after, then we'll need to discuss further in PM. Not sure why it's balking at de-bricking without serial, but I don't have any similar (Netgear) routers in inventory (yet).

Well, I ordered the cable, so I might as well try. It's not bricked, it just won't flash that version via the GUI.
I would solder it myself, but my hands shake badly these days. (Gettin' old ain't for sissies!) I'll see if my wife can hold the wires in place.
I tried again with the old build that is on it. I disabled WAN, added the existing router as the DNS server and gateway, set the SSIDs, yada yada yada. It still shows "connected, no internet" when I connect to it. However, the Belkin N600 does the same thing, so I'm thinking I may have to change something on the C2300, although I'm not sure what. A static route, perhaps?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe you can get lucky enough to roll back to a working version and then test command line flash to see where it breaks. As already stated, if the usual methods of TFTP / recovery mode / etc. (even nmrpflash) cannot de-brick it to stock or previous trailed firmware image file for 33772. I would avoid the pin short method of recovery, as it can further damage the router.
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.4
pmarion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
dale_gribble39 wrote:
Maybe you can get lucky enough to roll back to a working version and then test command line flash to see where it breaks. As already stated, if the usual methods of TFTP / recovery mode / etc. (even nmrpflash) cannot de-brick it to stock or previous trailed firmware image file for 33772. I would avoid the pin short method of recovery, as it can further damage the router.

It is not bricked. It has a "working" version (the one referenced in the original post) installed.
It just does not connect to the internet.

Navigation

Jump to: