Arris BGW210-700 Router and Linksys WRT5gs Router

Cgauth1055
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 23:28    Post subject: Arris BGW210-700 Router and Linksys WRT5gs Router Reply with quote
Looking to see if anyone has some setup instructions for hooking up a old Linksys WRT5GS Router using a wireless bridge to the Arris BGW210-700. I do have the DD-WRT setup on the Linksys router and I went through and did all the settings I could think of but so far no luck. Can this be done and how would I go about looking at it? Do I need to put the Arris in a Bridge mode or just the Linksys in Bridge mood.
Anyone do this before?

The reason is I have a very old computer that I want to access my home network but it is in the basement far from any LAN cables. So old that even a wireless card is hard to find for the computer so I can't just hook it up using wireless. And really its just to access a NAS storage device hooked up to my home network. So a wireless bridge would be awesome and I could hook my old computer to the old Linksys and then connect to my home network.
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client/Station or Client/Station Bridge. With the (fake) bridge mode, however, you lose multicast and arp functionality, which may cause issues.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

You should ensure that you have the current latest release to reduce the possibility of issues. Not knowing which version of the router you have, I'm not going to make guesses as to which file to use.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54G/GL/GS/GX#WRT54GL

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2023/01-09-2023-r51275/broadcom/

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
Cgauth1055
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dale,

So you are saying that it should be possible and it doesn't seem like I should have to do anything on the Arris router side only on the Linksys router side???

I was trying to use a repeater/bridge setup on the Linksys side but I will look into the Client bridge settings.

I only need it for a very old computer to be able to access a NAS storage device and also be able to access that same NAS on my other connected devices. Just small file save and retrieve functions, nothing too intense for the old computer. The old computer would be the only thing connected to the Linksys router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: