Linksys WRT3200ACM - SNMP - OID Change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
bobthenewguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 21:43    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200ACM - SNMP - OID Change Reply with quote
3 linksys WRT3200ACM all running same load r50841
SNMP over openvpn.

I have several locations tied together utilizing open vpn between identical routers. I monitor them with cacti an SNMP server. what i've observed over every load i've used in the past if my VPN tunnel is taken down for any reason. say a configuration change is done in the router. a hiccup in the path way somewhere anything really that would take the tunnel down and force it to reestablish. when the vpn tunnel comes back up the OID of the vpn interface changes which results in "WARNING: Invalid Response, Device name of device". from the screenies you see below this is obvious because the OID is no longer there. I can recreate this on demand, and can only be resolved by performing a reboot. figured i would bounce this off of the forum to see if anyone has observed this as well. I would like to create a bug ticket in the tracker although wanted more input before I bother developers with this issue. I'm providing before and after screenies to validate my findings.

attachments
bad before reboot it's weird there are 3 instances of the tun1 interface. notice the OID number on the left.

good after reboot. OID is now correct. but there is also only once value for the tun1 interface now.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: