Asus RT-AC66U QOS Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sparkstorm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 17:50    Post subject: Asus RT-AC66U QOS Issue Reply with quote
First time poster here. Apologies for any mistakes I make.

Upgraded my Asus RT-AC66U today to DD-WRT v3.0-r50963 giga (11/28/22)

So far seems to be running great. My only issue is with the QOS. I was messing around with the QOS to see what I can do with it, and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. When I turn QOS off, I get 250/250 (https://i.imgur.com/MEl36Ie.jpg)

But when I turn QOS on, no matter what i turn the settings to, it refuses to go above 50/50. Not sure as to why. I feel like I may be missing something obvious.

This is my current configuration on the QOS page https://i.imgur.com/FepDwfT.jpg

I tried all permutations of packet scheduling and queueing discipline and it all ends up relatively the same, hovering between 40-60 mbps.

The downlink/uplink does somewhat work properly, if i turn the numbers real low, the tests do match up properly. But they wont go any higher for some reason.

Eventually I am going to have 3 isolated LAN's on this network. one guest (10% bandwidth), and the other two at 45% of the bandwidth. I want to make sure I give them 45% of 250mbps and not 45% of 50mbps.

Thanks for all the help
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a single Core MIPSEL processor. It does not have the power to keep up with speed.

You can overvlock it from 600 MHz to 660 MHz

I replaced mine with a Netgear R7800 a long time ago. All drops on IPTV disappeared.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: