[SOLVED] Connecting to WiFi with hidden SSID issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Frakko
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:24    Post subject: [SOLVED] Connecting to WiFi with hidden SSID issue Reply with quote
Router NetGear R7800, DD-WRT v3.0-r50671 std (10/26/22) and previous.
I created a hidden WiFi network. I assigned the password and enabled the devices by adding the network. If the network is hidden they do not connect. If the network with SSID visible instead yes. It seems to me that I have followed all the procedures correctly. I also tried to put the network visible and then hide it but it does not connect.
Is this a firmware bug Question
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
More likely a bug with the client. Don't hide the SSID, that is useless anyway.You can still see it with a scanner.
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to add the network details manually in clients and including the SSID irrespective if its hidden or not, some older mobile android clients have a hidden ssid checkbox.

Anyway as previously stated, hiding SSID does nothing for anything, nothing is more secure from any aspect in fact may just attract unwanted attention from curious toms with a scanner looking for targets to have their way with.

Not a bug in DD-WT at any rate.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: