New Build - 10/05/2022 - r50357

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:22    Post subject: New Build - 10/05/2022 - r50357 Reply with quote
Welcome to Marvell r50357 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers and community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: HTTPS, FTP

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (http only) or 'curl -O {file URL}' (http, https, ftp). 'write {file} linux' then 'reboot'.

Trac SVN: repository since last build r50313 (mirror)

OpenVPN 2.5.7: Changelog, Guides, Server, PBR, DNS, Kill Switch, Watchdog, Reverse PBR, Client, Multiple, tips & scripts.
WireGuard 1.0.20211208/Tools: Changelog, Guides, Client, Server, Adv, PBR, KS, tips & scripts. Thanks BS egc & eibgrad!

Notes:
• WRT1200AC, WRT1200AC V2, WRT1900AC, WRT1900AC V2, WRT1900ACS, WRT1900ACS V2, WRT3200ACM and WRT32X.
mDNS/Avahi nl ft fs Unbound QoS nDPI Tor ntp EC-SRP Wiviz MiniDLNA Squid SmartDNS jQuery FRR ZFS dnsmasq kernels
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.4.4+++++) guest behavior selectable. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++++
New DD-WRT inspired themes conversion by the-joker & BrainSlayer, micro builds excluded, UI theme test bug hunt thread.

Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
Detail issues & relevant configs, logs: syslog klog 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' nvram set console_debug=1, serial.
• Firewall NAT: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' & 'cat /tmp/.ipt'. Misc: strace tcpdump wireshark.
• Gremlins: reboot. cold boot. Reset & reconfigure not restore backup. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, SB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
o2bad455
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Linksys WRT1900ACS v1 / r50357
File/Kernel: curl https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/10-05-2022-r50357/linksys-wrt1900acs/ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acs-webflash.bin
Previous/Reset: r49681 / No
Mode/Status: Gateway, DNSmasq, OpenVPN Client, FreeRADIUS Server, VLANs, VAPs, WPA3, Radar Detection (DFS), 14 dBm, AutoChannel / Uptime 1:02
Issues/Errors: WPA3 Enterprise last worked on r49681 but it's still broken; WPA2 Enterprise worked on r50308 but it's currently broken; WPA3 Personal was previously broken on r50308 but now it works. I'll take that trade and try to run this for a bit, thanks! Log attached.

Netgear R9000 - Atheros
Netgear R7000 - Broadcom
PC x86-64 VM - Atheros
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
This build has WireGuard obfuscation, we are still working on it and maybe the definitive implementation will change, so it is not yet in the manual.

But it works and is intended to obfuscate WG traffic so it should be able to pass a blocking firewall.

On the server side enable it and set the password in the tunnel section.
Note the whole tunnel is obfuscated.

On the client (the side which has an endpoint enabled in the peer)
Do the same but it should be set in the Peer section just under the endpoint.
Use the same password.

It will lower throughput.

I have also made an implementation were you set the obfuscation per peer on the server side but in that case you also have to set the Remote listen port, advantage is that a server can have clients with and without obfuscation.

Let me know what you think, if it works and how it affect throughput.

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
o2bad455
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
As a follow-up on r50357, only a Win10 PC client could connect on WPA3-Personal, while an Android client erroneously reported it as an open AP and could not connect. EDIT: Oh, that was probably due to an older version of Android and nothing to do with the build; but the build isn't working with WPA2-Enterprise (or WPA3-Enterprise) as noted above.

With respect to WireGuard (WG), although this router is running an OpenVPN client to a provider, I can't easily set it as a WG client just yet due to that provider's limitations. However, I was able to run a WG client on the Win10 PC (inside the router's OpenVPN tunnel), which seemed to work fine. Perhaps I could try to set up both a WG server and a WG client on similar routers once the wifi is fully sorted.

Updated log attached (including both our previously reported and final test sesssions).

Netgear R9000 - Atheros
Netgear R7000 - Broadcom
PC x86-64 VM - Atheros
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
WPA3 android side is rare, even with android 12, unless you use 3rd party Firmwares with the necessary patches to activate it, vendor wise, YMMV.

Assuming the HW supports it, obviously.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
o2bad455
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, thanks! I haven't trusted WPA2-Personal for over a decade, so it's either Enterprise or WPA3-Personal for me. I did a search but haven't yet found which Android devices might support WPA3. If I already have one that might, I could at least try updating from Android 11 to Android 12. Otherwise I'm back to r50308 for a bit since that's the latest release that let all of my critical device types connect (via WPA2-Enterprise in that release).

EDIT: Success with WPA3-Personal to Android 12 (A12) devices! I can confirm that both a Samsung S21 5G and a OnePlus Nord CE2 Lite connect and communicate well. Each was on stock unlocked A12 firmware with the latest security updates.

Netgear R9000 - Atheros
Netgear R7000 - Broadcom
PC x86-64 VM - Atheros
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: