WRT3200ACM is missing a partition system

nikisl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:26    Post subject: WRT3200ACM is missing a partition system Reply with quote
I flashed one of the partitions to DD-WRT, and then I wanted to restore the original system, so I uploaded the original firmware in "Settings" to upgrade, and then it disappeared, leaving only the original firmware of the other partition , how should I restore another partition? Many THX! ! !
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:35    Post subject: DD-WRT boot partition commands & Linksys WebUI Reply with quote
Code:
ubootenv get boot_part
then
Code:
ubootenv set boot_part 1
or
Code:
ubootenv set boot_part 2
reboot

Linksys WebUI: See Troubleshooting, Diagnostics then Restore Previous Firmware. Use Factory Defaults (reset).

Firmware upgrades automatically write to an opposite or alternate inactive boot partition so just upgrade again.
nikisl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:17    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT boot partition commands & Linksys WebUI Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Code:
ubootenv get boot_part
then
Code:
ubootenv set boot_part 1
or
Code:
ubootenv set boot_part 2
reboot

Linksys WebUI: See Troubleshooting, Diagnostics then Restore Previous Firmware. Use Factory Defaults (reset).

Firmware upgrades automatically write to an opposite or alternate inactive boot partition so just upgrade again.

Thanks a lot for the reply! How should I run the code?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT boot partition commands & Linksys WebUI Reply with quote
nikisl wrote:

you can do that in the GUI like so:
https://mrjcd.com/junk/dd-wrt/EA8500/change_boot_part.mp4
much easier/faster using terminal on a Linux OS Twisted Evil
or puTTy in a windowsy OS
nikisl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:10    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT boot partition commands & Linksys WebUI Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
nikisl wrote:

you can do that in the GUI like so:
https://mrjcd.com/junk/dd-wrt/EA8500/change_boot_part.mp4
much easier/faster using terminal on a Linux OS Twisted Evil
or puTTy in a windowsy OS

Thanks for your guidance. My router has only one original system, I don't know how to run the code, I dare not flash it as dd-wrt too
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Commands are to simply assign boot partition 1 or 2. Linksys WebUI method boots to the alternate partition as well.
Try it, you will see what is currently installed on each partition after a reboot. Very simple process, no flash involved.

There is no problem with flashing both partitions to DD-WRT it also supports WRT3200ACM stock Linksys firmwares.
Also, there is very little reason to go back to factory stock Linksys firmware. Option is always available, don't worry.

However, after reboot into a new firmware environment reset factory defaults to clear shared settings nvram space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: