Archer C7 v5 the steps to upgrade DD-WRT version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
adFFhd1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:53    Post subject: Archer C7 v5 the steps to upgrade DD-WRT version Reply with quote
I am trying to understand the process of updating DD-WRT on a router (moving from an older version of DD-WRT to a newer version of DD-WRT).

From reading this forum, it seems safest to first go back to factory firmware as the fist step. I am not sure what firmware my router shipped with. Using waybackmachine, it looks like there is a version from 2018 or 2019 but that might be even older that what my router shipped with because I bought the router in 2021. Maybe I need to contact the manufacturer to see if I can get the info out of them based on the serial number?

My guess is that I can't do this firmware change by navigating to "upgrade" (which is available when accessing the router through a web browser)? The reason that I say that it because I see posts about setting up a TFTP server.
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/10-03-2022-r50313/tplink_archer-c7-v5/
tplink_archer-c7-v5.bin -> dd-wrt webUI Administration -> Firmware Upgrade (do not reset) or CLI flash.

Do not go back to factory stock firmware. Ignore anything off-topic (OpenWrt to DD-WRT, TFTP recovery).
After upgrade verify new build number, webUI upper-right corner, then Administration -> Factory Defaults.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: