YAMon 3.4 - usage monitoring for your router

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 20:16    Post subject: Re: YAMON3...potential replacements Reply with quote
Bricoleur wrote:
-snip-
- Router (Dlink-DIR880L) Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std (10/10/18)
-snip
What should I modify in DD-WRT so that the data corresponds to reality?

First thing I would recommend is upgrading to the current release and possibly start over with a fresh install of YaMON; definitely recommend upgrading and resetting to defaults and reconfiguring from scratch.

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/09-10-2022-r50146/dlink-dir880l/

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.4
Sponsor
yoyoma2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
After a power failure, checking the filesystem integrity of your USB stick would be a good idea. If you rerun the yamon installer, make sure to use the hacked/tweaked installer I attached to a post earlier in this thread or it will fail for sure.

Some dd-wrt settings need to be turned off for yamon to work properly. The yamon installation instructions are still online.

"A number of firmware settings are known to prevent YAMon from collecting accurate traffic data - the most common recent culprit has been the Shortcut Forwarding Engine (SFE) option which was added in DD-WRT build 33006+ (and is enabled by default). Other known offenders include `enhanced privacy` tools (like PrivOxy) and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) settings - see PrivOxy & UPnP. Apparently `Cut Through Forwarding` is similar to SFE so it too will be problematic but I don't have a lot of details on that yet... stay tuned!. These options *must* be disabled if you want to get accurate results from YAMon!"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 Display posts from previous:    Page 46 of 46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: