Help with VAP & Wired VLAN Access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
toxicanarchist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 16:51    Post subject: Help with VAP & Wired VLAN Access Reply with quote
Background:
I have a ddwrt wireless access point with a Broadcom BCM4709 chipset. After searching through these forums I have managed to cobble together a configuration for 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz Virtual Access points with ddwrt providing DHCP for the VAPs. All of the traffic for the Virtual Access points is isolated from my network and does not depend on my DHCP or DNS servers. Traffic for the VAPs is routed out an OpenVPN connection configured on the access point using policy based routing. Everything is working great.

I like to think of myself as a networking novice and would have not been able to make any of this happen without the help of the folks here in this forum and the internet. I'm hoping someone can lend me a helping hand. I also appreciate any feedback on my current configuration or way to perhaps optimize it.

I want to do the following, but am unsure how exactly how to proceed:
My wired network is plugged into the switch ports on the ddwrt access point.
I would like traffic on my wired network that I have tagged with VLAN Id 10 to be routed to the 172.16.0/24 subnet and have ddwrt handle dhcp and dns and ride out the OpenVPN connection. Traffic not tagged with a VLAN Id can go on its merry way and be assigned an IP address via my wired network's DHCP server as is currently happening).

My current configuration is below:
Wireless access point: ooolee
Virtual Access Point: Friendship Duplex

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: