openvpn not picking up client specdific options from correct

lgkahn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 19:09    Post subject: openvpn not picking up client specdific options from correct Reply with quote
its not trying to get the client specific options so i can get the iroute located from the correct location.. see attachments.. any ideas.
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have JFFS enabled, the OpenVPN server looks in /jffs/etc/openvpn/ccd for client-specific files, NOT /tmp/openvpn/ccd.

Also, it appears you have other issues. The syslog indicates the server is configured w/ auth=sha256, while the client is using the default (sha1). The client and server will never be able to communicate until they match.

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Basically it is like @eibgrad said

Without permanent storage DDWRT will by default look into /tmp/openvpn/ccd/

Of course the files will be gone after reboot (but you can create small files at startup)

By default the common name is used so the name of the file has to be the same as the common name of the client (usually the keys/certs files are named with the common name)

You cannot allow duplicates so you have to disable "Allow Duplicate Clients" unless you are using username/passwords then you set "username-as-common-name" and use the username as name of the CCD file.

The OpenVPN server setup guide might shed some light on this, also on the other points which are mentioned by @eibgrad
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1157343#1157343

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
lgkahn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
not true. connection and vpn is working fine.. i can see the entire server network 1o2.168.11.0
from my client..

and i as shown above have put the correct lgk.com (client name) in the /tmp/openvpn/ccd directory as shown in the screen shot..
lgkahn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok thanks.. copied clkient config to jffs/etc/...

but still does not appear to be reading from there?
lgkahn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
also got rid of the warnings.. but they were only warnings.. the vpn was still working fine.

added
auth SHA256
cipher AES-128-CBC

to my clients
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks to me like it *is* picking up the iroute. You posted a snapshot of the syslog rather than the actual syslog, so it makes it harder to point it out. But there is a line @ 17:22:19 (second to last line at that time) where the server has learned the internal route 192.168.2.0/24 and associated it w/ the client.
ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: