192.168.1.1 not working

Eddierocks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:33    Post subject: 192.168.1.1 not working Reply with quote
Hi.
Having a bit of a nightmare here.
I had a warning on Google password manager, that my dd-wrt password needed changing.
I followed a tutorial on youtube, and thought I`d done it, but cant get on to the login screen.

The internet is working, but get a black screen on 192.168.1.1
"This page isn`t working"
"192.168.1.1 didn`t send any data"

totally lost.
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is a lot of missing information...provided... Rolling Eyes
-what router/model/firmware number running..

-clear browser cache and try again...
-make sure your router is not on the same subnet whit the router or modem before, so disconnect the router form anything else and try again...
-if not working try to force your PC with IP in the range of your router...
-try using any other browser than google or chrome based browsers....i use pale-moon or FFx portable

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913

Last edited by Alozaros on Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:51; edited 1 time in total
Eddierocks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apologies.
Didn`t think you needed to know the router etc.
Cant tell you the firmware, as I need to be logged in.

Router is WRT3200ACM
tried deleting cache in Google Chrome, but didn`t work.
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:45    Post subject: Re: 192.168.1.1 not working Reply with quote
Eddierocks wrote:
Hi.
Having a bit of a nightmare here.
I had a warning on Google password manager, that my dd-wrt password needed changing.
I followed a tutorial on youtube, and thought I`d done it, but cant get on to the login screen.

The internet is working, but get a black screen on 192.168.1.1
"This page isn`t working"
"192.168.1.1 didn`t send any data"

totally lost.
Are you sure your router is at 192.168.1.1? If you're using Windows, what's the output of command "ipconfig"?
What's your network setup? (how many network devices and how they are connected)
What's the model/version of your router?
Who setup the network/router for you previously?
Do you still remember the version of ddwrt that you last installed on your router?
Which tutorial on YouTube did you follow? (just asking for fun, I won't watch it, many YouTube tutorials are garbage)
Is there any important data in your router or network that you must guard at all cost? (eg. nuclear missile launch code)
No need to panic, you can always unplug your router from the internet at anytime while slowly figuring out how to access your router webgui and change password. Worst case: reset router & setup from scratch, which is actually good to do once a while.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply.
Yes 192.168.1.1 is the address.

Everything worked as it should, until I messed with the passwords.
As I`m typing this, it just suddenly appeared.
Seems a long lag time.
I`ve tried adding the password at login, and it wont take it.

It`s just gone off again.
Does it give you so many goes to get it right?
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't encountered any issue logging in to webgui yet. If I type the the correct username and password, I can access immediately, otherwise the page tells me wrong username/password right away, that's all.
By default, telnet is enabled, so you can give it a try, in case something makes your webgui unresponsive.
By default, the info page is not password protected. You should be able to see the dd-wrt info page without logging in, unless you have enabled password protection for the info page previously.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
The google password manager message also appears every time I restart the router and the message is nonsense.
It reads a fake password from the WebIF.
On the tab "management" is in the password fields a dummy value stored.
And exactly this dummy value is in various password databases.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1264073#1264073

If you are using an older build, it is also possible that you have entered invalid characters as a password and therefore cannot log in.

If you enter the password incorrectly several times, your IP address will be banned for a certain period of time.

Edit: no idea how you changed the password or why you need a youtube toturial.

Try either the previous password and if it doesn't work the easiest way is to reset the router.
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is also the possibility that the browser is defaulting to https://router.ip.address.here and not using http://router.ip.address.here.
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
if your telnet is working, you can always change your password via telnet...if its the one you know..and you can log in via telnet with it ...Rolling Eyes
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 17:32    Post subject: Re: 192.168.1.1 not working Reply with quote
Eddierocks wrote:

You don't trust OLD YouTube videos! Those related to DD-WRT are usually years old! It's better to ask here then following out-dated movies.

Anyway, you can always do a full reset and start a-new!

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
In-browser password managers and DD-WRT webUI may not work well together, especially since the login is kind of a pop-up. I've tested Keypass and LastPass with some good results, but there is only one password manager that cannot be compromised and it resides in the space between your ears.

Firefox (and other browsers) has a similar annoying feature if you have password saving turned on:

Odd password saving requests

I was trying to find a post/thread where this browser "feature" essentially locked someone out of their router, but came up short.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
The google password manager message also appears every time I restart the router and the message is nonsense.
It reads a fake password from the WebIF.
On the tab "management" is in the password fields a dummy value stored.
And exactly this dummy value is in various password databases.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1264073#1264073

If you are using an older build, it is also possible that you have entered invalid characters as a password and therefore cannot log in.

If you enter the password incorrectly several times, your IP address will be banned for a certain period of time.

Edit: no idea how you changed the password or why you need a youtube toturial.

Try either the previous password and if it doesn't work the easiest way is to reset the router.

All true and the only information that matters here, the OP stumbled on a false positive believing that the dummy value stored password matters, its a dummy value its never used ffs, it goes to show Google whatever protection is just automated nonsense.

Quote:

Old DD-WRT builds pre 49599

Invalid |`'"^:*
Valid ~!@#$%&()-_=+[{]}\;,<.>/?

DD-WRT builds post 49599

Valid Symbols !"#$%&'()*+,-./;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~
Invalid symbols :

Since the OP never said what build hes running and that matters.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: