R7000P Can't apply changes or flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tinorm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:39    Post subject: R7000P Can't apply changes or flash Reply with quote
Greetings,

I just changed my firmware for the default netgear to the most recent DD-WRT flash. However, after installing and resetting numerous times, every time I make a change and hit apply, the browser says "This site can't be reached". I have also tried flashing it but it does the same thing. I would assume I didn't follow the initial installation instructions properly, but I'm not sure how to proceed.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, "most recent" is relative. Does this mean you flashed 49741 or? The apply button has some weight to it, and services restart, and you may run into the situation which you have described. This is why it is recommended to hit "save" until you are done with configuration changes and then hit "reboot" on the Services -> Services or Administration -> Management tab.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
PaulGo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I switched my R7000P to DD-WRT before the upgrade I did a reset with a paper clip for 15 seconds and after loading DD-WRt I did another paper clip reset. I noticed after the switch all the functions were not available, so I did a firmware upgrade with the bin file and all the setting were now available.

One thing I have experienced, it may take a while for the GIU to become fully responsive since it appears internal settings may take a while to apply. I use Firefox and when that happens I clear the history and cache then close the browser and wait about 10 minutes. I then find DD-WRT GUI to work again, and I can change settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: