How do I DDoS multicast on my own network?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
OpenSource Ghost
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 16:24    Post subject: How do I DDoS multicast on my own network? Reply with quote
This isn't specific to DD-WRT. In one facility I am forced to be behind double NAT. My personal router connects to ISP router and ISP router connects to some "neighbourhood watch" cameras via multicast (IGMP, UPnP). Only my personal router is physically connected to ISP's router through LAN. ISP router connects to coax cable and cameras are somehow connected and routed past that point. I know for a fact that setting ISP router to bridged mode and back to router mode resets cameras.

I am fighting with ISP about this whole "neighbourhood watch sharing" concept long-term, but for now I wonder if I can DDoS that IGMP multicast traffic? My personal router drops all multicast traffic everywhere (ports, switches, bridges, LAN, WAN, etc) via strict rules, but can I somehow redirect multicast traffic that hits my personal router back to traffic originator? On personal router I can access SSH and write my own NAT rules.
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry do I understand you correctly?

You mention DDoS, you want us to tell you how to carry out a Distributed Denial of Service attack against your own network, or did I misunderstand you?

Feel encouraged to read this thread Specifically Discussion of illegal activities on these boards are expressly forbidden.

This thread is thus locked, if it was a misunderstanding, feel free to reach out via PM to myself or egc so we can unlock the thread.

Take care now and thanks for understanding.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 18:05    Post subject: Re: How do I DDoS multicast on my own network? Reply with quote
OpenSource Ghost wrote:
This isn't specific to DD-WRT. In one facility I am forced to be behind double NAT. My personal router connects to ISP router and ISP router connects to some "neighbourhood watch" cameras via multicast (IGMP, UPnP). Only my personal router is physically connected to ISP's router through LAN. ISP router connects to coax cable and cameras are somehow connected and routed past that point. I know for a fact that setting ISP router to bridged mode and back to router mode resets cameras.

I am fighting with ISP about this whole "neighbourhood watch sharing" concept long-term, but for now I wonder if I can DDoS that IGMP multicast traffic? My personal router drops all multicast traffic everywhere (ports, switches, bridges, LAN, WAN, etc) via strict rules, but can I somehow redirect multicast traffic that hits my personal router back to traffic originator? On personal router I can access SSH and write my own NAT rules.

sure you can, but please dont ask us for supporting any criminal activities. all your answers can be found by google.

Navigation

Jump to: