WRT3200ACM: Wireless Devices Won't Auto Connect After Reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Riggan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 23:33    Post subject: WRT3200ACM: Wireless Devices Won't Auto Connect After Reboot Reply with quote
Hello Community,

I've been using the Linksys WRT3200ACM for a few months now and run NordVPN using the OpenVPN service via DD-WRT. It works well for the most part aside from the VPN connection dropping out from time to time. Changing Nord servers remedies fine, but if I'm not in my main room where my PC is I'll log into the DD-WRT firmware with my phone and simply reboot the router to avoid having to copy/paste a new TLS Key and CA Cert on a small touch screen. This will usually fix the issue as well. Problem is I've noticed any time I reboot the router that a couple of my devices around the house won't auto-reconnect to the WiFi when it comes back up (one of my two printers and a Roku box). It's not a huge problem, but does get a little annoying having to key in the WiFi password using the printer's telephone-style matrix keypad every time.

From what I've noticed, this only seems to be happening to devices that are connected to the 2.4GHz band (none of those devices can see the 5GHz band).

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there's a specific setting I should be looking at.

Router: Linksys WRT3200ACM
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r49049 std (06/02/22)
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot help you with the wireless as I do not have a Marvell router, but I have some suggestions for your VPN problem.

Unfortunately if a server is too crowded or even down for maintenance you could be kicked of of a server, with good providers it is seldom but with cheap providers it happens a lot.

The OpenVPN client setup guide ( a sticky in the Advanced Networking forum) has some suggestions for optimal settings but if you are kicked out you are toast Sad

But our OpenVPN client has GUI options for setting more than one remote server address and on startup it can even pick a random one (this only works if the certificates are the same for the chosen addresses) and it has an OpenVPN watchdog which automatically restarts only the OpenVPN on disconnection so your wireless is not interrupted

All described in the OpenVPN Client setup guide

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: