Netgear r6400v1:can't connect to repeater bridge or repeater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
erect_man69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 19:09    Post subject: Netgear r6400v1:can't connect to repeater bridge or repeater Reply with quote
I have a Netgear r6400 v1 router that I set up as a repeater bridge. But, when I connect to it I don’t get internet connection(says "no internet, secured"). I know I set up everything correctly. I should additionally mention that I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps listed on these forums, and that I’m trying to set up the repeater bridge with a 5 GHz network (but the router is dual band). However, when I connect via LAN I get internet connection. After getting frustrated, I set it up as just a repeater instead of a repeater bridge. But, when I connected it said "can't connect to this network." I don't know what the problem is. The 2.4GHz networks works fine, it's just the 5GHz network that doesn't get a connection. I'm hoping someone could offer me some help. Build number is 49626. I also have dnsmasq and firewall disabled, with multifilter checked.

wireless.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.91 KB
 Viewed:  561 Time(s)

wireless.PNG

basic.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.82 KB
 Viewed:  562 Time(s)

basic.PNG

security.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.91 KB
 Viewed:  567 Time(s)

security.PNG

Last edited by erect_man69 on Wed Aug 10, 2022 21:43; edited 11 times in total
Sponsor
strange
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pssst, before the gurus get here, list your build number (DDWRT version number).
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
and relevant setup screenshots
DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
What build are you running?

I have an R6400v1 running as repeater with the 5 GHz as back-haul

Basically reset to defaults, first setup wired with a cable from WAN to the LAN of the primary router.

If that works just pull the WAN cable and set the 5 GHz radio to Repeater instead of AP and fill in the details to be the same as the primary router (make sure the 5 GHz of the primary router has another SSID then the 2.4 GHz so that you connect to the right radio)

I also have an R6400v1 running as repeater *bridge* but that uses the 2.4 GHz radio but I also tested the 5 GHZ which also works.
But bridge modes are problematic especially in communicating from main to bridge part (which only seems to work when connected to the same wireless interface), the other way around usually works.

See my notes how I do it.

DDWRT Wireless Bridge v5.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DDWRT Wireless Bridge v5.pdf
 Filesize:  416.74 KB
 Downloaded:  1444 Time(s)

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: