New Build - 08/03/2022 - r49626

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:58    Post subject: New Build - 08/03/2022 - r49626 Reply with quote
Welcome to MediaTek r49626 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers & community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: HTTPS, FTP

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (http only) or 'curl -O {file URL}' (http, https, ftp). 'write {file} linux' then 'reboot'.

Trac SVN: repository since last build r49599 (mirror)

OpenVPN 2.5.7: Changelog, Guides, Server, PBR, DNS, Kill Switch, Watchdog, Reverse PBR, Client, Multiple, tips & scripts.
WireGuard 1.0.20211208/Tools: Changelog, Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, tips & scripts. Thanks to BS & egc!

Notes:
• Support added Netgear AC2100, AC2400, R6220, R6260, R6350, R6700v2, R6800, R6850, R7450, WAC124, WNDR3700v5.
mDNS/Avahi htop snmp NTFS-3G irqbalance Tor DoT Redirect SmartDNS PHP Asterisk OpenSSL ZFS Unbound mac80211 frr
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.4.4++++): guest behavior selectable. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++++
New DD-WRT inspired themes conversion by the-joker & BrainSlayer, micro builds excluded, UI theme test bug hunt thread.

Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
Detail issues & relevant configs, logs: syslog klog 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' nvram set console_debug=1, serial.
• Firewall NAT: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' & 'cat /tmp/.ipt'. Misc: strace tcpdump wireshark.
• Gremlins: reboot. cold boot. Reset & reconfigure not restore backup. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, SB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version:[/b]
[b]File/Kernel:[/b]
[b]Previous/Reset:[/b]
[b]Mode/Status:[/b]
[b]Issues/Errors:[/b]
Sponsor
knob-creek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 15:02    Post subject: Flashed on D-Link DIR 600 B Reply with quote
Router/Version: D-Link DIR 600 B
File/Kernel: dir600b-revb-ddwrt-webflash.bin
Previous/Reset: r29495 / no (by accident)
Mode/Status: up and running
Issues/Errors: none
Gromitd90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model / Version: Netgear WAC124
File: Netgear-wac124/wac124-webflash.bin
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r49626 std (08/03/22)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r49567 std (07/27/22)
Reset: Yes - before and after installation
Mode: AP
Uptime: 2 hours (sort of)
Services: Firewall disabled, 2 VAPs on 2.4GHz, 1 VAP on 5GHz, VLANs

I was running version 49567 on this device and had made a number of configuration changes as I was running some tests over the weekend.
Today I wanted to put the unit back into my production network but thought I would upgrade to the latest firmware and reconfigure from scratch.
I did a factory reset and entered my configuration manually performing reboots as I went along.

My configuration has one VAP on the 5GHz band and 2 VAPs on the 2.4GHz band. When complete I found that there was no 2.4GHz network
running. When looking at the Setup Network tab under current Bridging Table I only see wlan0 and wlan0.1. There is no sign of wlan1, wlan1.1 and wlan1.2.

Running an ifconfig command from a telnet session also confirms those interfaces are missing.

I reset everything again (ran an nvram erase and reboot) and started from scratch, checking the network configuration each step of the way.
I narrowed the issue down to the creation of the second VAP on the 2.4GHz band. After creation of the first VAP everything looks good but as soon as
the second VAP is created and I hit apply changes all the 2.4GHz interfaces disappear. Go back and delete the second VAP and they come back again.

I can reproduce this quite easily by doing the following:

1. Connect a PC to one of the LAN ports of the device.
2. After a factory reset and reboot and you have entered admin credentials, go to the Wireless tab - no need to change anything on the Basic Settings tab for this test.
3. Set up the 5GHz wlan0 to a specific channel (I used 36) and give it a unique name then Apply Settings
4. Create a VAP on the 5GHz channel give it a unique name and Apply Settings (steps 4 & 5 are not needed but just illustrates VAP setup on 5GHz works fine)
5. Create a second VAP on 5GHz channel give it a unique name and Apply Settings.
6. Set up the wlan1 (2.4GHz) interface to a specific channel (1), unique name and Apply Settings
7. Create a VAP on the 2.4GHz interface, give it a unique name and Apply Settings
8. Click on the Setup | Networking Tab and scroll down to Current Bridging Table and you should see for br0 vlan1, wlan0 wlan0.1 wlan0.2 wlan1 and wlan1.1
9. Go back to Wireless TAB and create a second VAP on the 2.4GHz interface, give it a unique name and Apply Settings
10. Go back to the Setup | Networking Tab and you will see that all wlan1 references have disappeared.

I have tried rebooting after each Apply Settings step but it makes no difference.
I have tried doing a reset of the device using the reset button on the device but that makes no difference either.
Tried powering off and on again in lieu of a soft reset - no difference.

Note that the unit does broadcast all Beacons as of step 8 but once that second VAP is created all Beacon activity on 2.4GHz channels ceases

Any ideas what to try next?
Regards
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: