R7000 on chk build, all UI's crash soon after reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
You did nvram erase && reboot and not the older erase nvram command, correct?
Sponsor
carlh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
You did nvram erase && reboot and not the older erase nvram command, correct?

Yes, I did the new one, nvram erase. And as expected after reboot it prompted for admin credentials to be set, and after that this newer build was much snappier than before, until it stopped working just like before.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, I'd try r48332 but first please advance forgive me while I copy pasta something else from the build threads.

Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.

Maybe helpful, maybe not, but always worth to try another browser, portable or at very least clear all your history.
carlh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Maybe helpful, maybe not, but always worth to try another browser, portable or at very least clear all your history.

No, that's not really helpful, as I've pointed out multiple times, this trouble isn't limited to web GUI access, so it couldn't be a web browser caching issue. I can have a working telnet session going, and that keeps working until 15-20 seconds after I start a web GUI session, at which time the telnet session closes and the web GUI stops responding, and neither will work again until the router is rebooted.

I've now put it back to the latest Netgear build and will see about returning it. At least I didn't need a special cable to un-brick it and learned more than I had hoped about other ways to flash a build...
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't knock it until you've tried, whether r48322 (first recommendation) or an alternate browser with no history.
carlh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Negative, I've been fooled once, then twice, with this router and DD-WRT, it won't make a fool of me the third time.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still suspect a browser issue. There's got to be an add-on or configuration anomaly that is causing this. If you're saving passwords by default, that is a problem. The *only* other thing is if it is a used device and has a bad power brick or the router itself is starting to crap itself.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ramj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem. I was using Edge browser. After days of troubleshooting, going to back to Safari helped.
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
best Browser so far, FFx portable and Pale moon...i use the second...it never failed.. Embarassed

but, i avoid WEB flash if possible...I always use CLI to update, unless its not needed via GUI on small flash size devices...

On my R7000 i had some firmware update/stability issues..and went back to Netgear for a test and than went back to DDWRT with nvram erase and manually rebuild...my settings... it helped... Laughing

and you use .chk only to do the first update from Netgear...than you use the .bin from DDWRT side, so no need to use .chk for any further updates...

if this will make any difference here is the old .chk from Kong, witch i uploaded from my R7000 Netgear interface and it worked...and since than i update only the .bin files...
and you can do nvram erase and manual rebuild...

Mod edit: sorry, 3rd party firmwares moderators are instructed to remove them by direct instructions from one of the site admins.

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: