NetGear EX6200 - where should I enter broadband login/pass?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
aznlir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:25    Post subject: NetGear EX6200 - where should I enter broadband login/pass? Reply with quote
Hello, sorry to bother you guys but I cannot solve it myself.

I have NetGear EX6200 range extender, i turned it into router with dd-wrt Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r37015M mini (09/23/18

I would like to get rid of my provider router completely(at the moment it sends network to netgear via cable and netgear creates wifis). Yet, I have no idea where to put my broadband provider username and password in dd-wrt? Can anyone help me here?

ps. also, what is the newest firmware for that device I can get?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Latest build: https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/07-30-2022-r49599/netgear-ex6200/
aznlir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks!

Can you also tell me whete to enter that provider's login and password in ddwrt interface?
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forums. Wink

It would help to know what the current setup on your provider router shows for this via a screenshot, so we would know exactly what specific help to provide.

But, in principle see screenshot attached. Several possibilities exist. I Use Auto DHCP but you have options.

I took the liberty to also move this thread to Broadcom subforum.

Capture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.99 KB
 Viewed:  754 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Setup->Basic Setup->WAN Connection Type 'PPoE'

Then you can enter the credentials.

Note: As it is an extender, it usually don't have the WAN port wired. Have you promoted a LAN port to WAN?
aznlir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Again, a bit busy with daily stuff but trying to work on that configuration in the meantime Wink.

I just upgraded ddwrt router to the newest firmware and guess I am good for quite some time. Last firmware was from 2018 so I was 4 years behind. Also moved my settings from previous configuration manually.

I have a normal fibre cable connection, not sure if that can be set as PPPoE or rather DHCP Authentication?

EDIT:
Just came across information that if device does not have inbuilt modem it will not do the job. I have no idea if EX6200 has one built in. If anyone see this edit can you please say id ex6200 will even work as standalone router or there is no way?

EDIT 2:
All works as PPPoE Smile. Thank you all for help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: