Restoring TP-Link Archer C7 V4 (US) back to stock firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
The tftp anticipation window is a checkbox and value in tftpd32 settings under advanced tftp options.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
The tftp anticipation window is a checkbox and value in tftpd32 settings under advanced tftp options.

That I have never had to adjust, but good to know. Kinda funny, I have TFTP flashed a dozen routers at once without that being an issue.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ghl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Ok, so was it user error or absolutely having to have windows and a 32-bit version of tftpd? Looks like it was mostly user error to me... that was solved by using windows and a 32-bit version of tftpd. Glad you got it sorted out, though. That how-to you used is pretty much the same how-to that videobruce posted, though...

Hi man..
I believe that it's work in another TFTP server, I do not tested, but using Windows TFTPd, it's become more easily to understand the issue.
At least for me, the logs while using tftpd on linux or mac environment not did me get in the real and understand this trick.

Thank you.. and thank for you help.

1x tplink Archerc7 v4
Client Bridge, WDS, Repeater, AP, Router.
gargamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
ghl wrote:
vadio wrote:
its worked fine here
but i dont use last stock firmware version , i used first in this case Archer C7(US)_V4_171101 since everytime time i tried reflash direct to Archer C7(US)_V4_180425 get failed

after this just upgrade to last one as usual

Here, it's not working even with this file..
As i said, i can see the router gets file throught tftp.
I'm using Ubuntu and tftpd-hpa.
It's working cuz I was using dd-wrt and now it's boot in LEDE Proj firmware. (without webui).

thanks

I too had this issue and also (thankfully) don't have any windows boxes. I struggled with this for a number of hours and with the info in this thread and from elsewhere came up with a solution using tftpd-hpa. It turns out the blocksize is set by default very small which makes the transfer too long and it times out. Using tftpd-hpa, it's easy to adjust the blocksize by adding "-B 1468" to the TFTP_OPTIONS line in /etc/default/tftpd-hpa, which in my case became
TFTP_OPTIONS="--secure -B 1468". Restart the daemon and you should be good to go.

No stripping required.
h0rv4th4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:31    Post subject: Solutions for the tp-link c7 v4 tftp timeout problem Reply with quote
Hi!

For reference:

After trying to debrick my C7 v4 through the tftpd method for a couple of days I came to the conclusion, that the "timeout/waiting for ack block" problem only occurs, when my router is directly connected to the computer. I only had about 5 seconds before the router disconnected and cut the transfer. Adding a switch between the C7 and my mac solved the problem immediately.

Funny thing, this information can be found here as well (in the tips section):

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/installation/generic.flashing.tftp

I might have started there to begin with, to spare some days Smile
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adding a switch is a good idea when using OS that disconnects like Windows. It will not up the interface before the time has run out. The switch will keep the interface on the client up when the router is down.
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Adding a switch is a good idea when using OS that disconnects like Windows. It will not up the interface before the time has run out. The switch will keep the interface on the client up when the router is down.

Having been tinkering with a few specific devices this week, the following is invaluable when using Windows; intermediate switch not always required, but it's always best to err on the side of caution and have a good unmanaged switch in between just in case. I prefer the ones that seem to use arp- or STP-type behavior.
Nanganator wrote:
I dare say there is a far easier way to resolve this. Set your tftp anticipation window to 1024 when returning to stock firmware. The default window is too small to send all the data in time.

blkt wrote:

With Windows, there's also the option of using the DrayTek Firmware Upgrade Utility which does a lot of magic voodoo by default.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TFTP_flash

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: