Extending the Webinterface?

akra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 15:12    Post subject: Extending the Webinterface? Reply with quote
Hello, I am looking for ways on how to extend the Webinterface, to expose custom functionality installed on a USB using Entware.

I am aware of the help pages in the wiki

I successfully exposed a custom HTML page using the first described method in on the wiki WEB server page.

I would, however, like to integrate a subpage directly in to the webinterface of DD-WRT. With that goal in mind I tried to extract the firmware using the Firmware-Mod-Kit, described in the Development Wiki page. This always yields the following error

Code:
Firmware Mod Kit (extract) 0.99, (c)2011-2013 Craig Heffner, Jeremy Collake

Preparing tools ...
./common.inc: line 9: autoconf: command not found
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Tools build failed! Check pre-requisites. Quitting...

I have installed the requirements as described in the wiki section
Code:
   sudo aptitude install gcc g++ binutils patch bzip2 flex bison make gettext unzip  zlib1g-dev libc6 subversion git

If someone knows what is happening here or could direct me to working solutions, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look at the MyPage wiki, that is the functionality you are looking for
And how third part apps like flash routers are doing it

Alternatively make your own builds.

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 16:27    Post subject: Re: Extending the Webinterface? Reply with quote
akra wrote:
This always yields the following error

Code:
Firmware Mod Kit (extract) 0.99, (c)2011-2013 Craig Heffner, Jeremy Collake

Preparing tools ...
./common.inc: line 9: autoconf: command not found
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Tools build failed! Check pre-requisites. Quitting...

I have installed the requirements as described in the wiki section
Code:
 sudo aptitude install gcc g++ binutils patch bzip2 flex bison make gettext unzip  zlib1g-dev libc6 subversion git

If someone knows what is happening here or could direct me to working solutions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Read the message IT SAYS autoconf: command not found This means that there are still dependencies missing, cause the list you installed is bullshit or incomplete or both, in this case autoconf, and I bet many others are missing from that list.

Such error messages are really giving you clues, just read them and research them, if it is missing something it will error out at the beginning of Tools build /Check pre-requisites. Then all you need to do, if you dont know is to lookup autoconf or whatever.

In this case you'll need to add sudo apt install autoconf and then if the list is still incomplete it will give you different error, just keep chasing them until all are installed or no dependency errors come up.

Also that wiki entry is insanely ancient, you dont use aptitude to install packages anymore, unless you install aptitude as well, needless to say it should be:

sudo apt install something something-else that the-other and-the-kitchen sink.

Bless you for blindly following instructions from 1985, Back to the Future Marty!

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are building the FMK from sources post 0.99 version, you have to have a specific toolchain with specific package versions. I don't recall if the information is on the googlesource archive or in the DD-WRT wiki or not. Some of the things mentioned here by egc and elsewhere have been looked at to add functionality that prompted these scripts and add-ons to be developed in the first place. Trying to decide between bwmon, YaMON, MyPage, and all of the bits collecting dust is rather fun. The chief concern is making space for whichever bits you go with, while maintaining other current features -OR- deciding which features have to go to make room.
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: