TL-WDR3600 no internet access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Shue735
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 14:44    Post subject: TL-WDR3600 no internet access Reply with quote
I just got my new router today. I got it so I could install VPN on my router. I followed the install instructions and had a successful install with R25697. But now there's no connection via ethernet or wireless. I tried setting WAN to PPPoE and adding my ISP's username and password, also tried changing my IP address to 192.168.2.1 and cloning MAC as well still nothing...

Can someone advise?
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't condone or advise using this sticky for reliable information. Check the build release threads for reports. Older releases are generally not supported and you will most likely not get any help if you continue using them. Flash to the current release, reset, configure from scratch.

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/07-22-2022-r49544/tplink_tl-wdr3600v1/

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Shue735
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks I'll try that version now, the version I used was the only 'newer' version I could find at the time. Hopefully it works.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please keep the discussion of your issues here. Provide screenshots. If anyone does like I would, there's gonna be a magic eraser or split involved from the build thread. Hopefully, someone can help you figure this out. "I'm tired, boss."

----------------------
Shue735
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:48    Post subject: TL-WDR3600 no internet access Reply with quote
I think the problem lies in my connection type being PPPoA and there not being an option for that in DD-WRT. There doesn't seem to be much help on PPPoA in the forum either. I've tried cloning the Mac address of my ISP router, did a reset, still nothing, also tried inputting the gateway and local DNS manually. This is all being done with Automatic DCHP setting.
Shue735
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:52    Post subject: Re: TL-WDR3600 no internet access Reply with quote
Shue735 wrote:
I think the problem lies in my connection type being PPPoA and there not being an option for that in DD-WRT. There doesn't seem to be much help on PPPoA in the forum either. I've tried cloning the Mac address of my ISP router, did a reset, still nothing, also tried inputting the gateway and local DNS manually. This is all being done with Automatic DCHP setting.

I tried using my router in bridge mode then having my TL-WDR3600 connect to it wirelessly but still nothing. Getting this off the ground is proving to be more trouble than it's worth.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
PPPoA has zero to do with DD-WRT, but the combo modem router or residential gateway handles this.
Use the DD-WRT router's WAN or Internet Ethernet port to connect to the combo modem, auto DHCP.

If modem is true bridge mode, IP passthrough DMZplus or otherwise modem NAT firewall is disabled,
DD-WRT has nothing to configure OOTB all defaults WAN Connection Type auto DHCP it's plug & play.

However, without a modem model, config info, ISP details, requirements, we cannot fill in the blanks.
Please confirm with ISP all bridge details, example DHCP Option 60 (DHCP Vendor Class in Services).

Last edited by blkt on Mon Jul 25, 2022 18:35; edited 5 times in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread "pptp client connection fails DD-WRT with ADSL half bridge" led me to this thread "Brainslayer...anyone...please analyse this Syslog." which discusses WAN DHCP lease being lost because of the short interval between renewals and seems that a possible solution is to adjust the port speed / set the port speed manually to 10Mbit/s full duplex. I didn't read in depth, so forgive me for not being more complete in my ascertaining information, but thought I would share anyway.

Other random bits (don't know if it's a uhdcpc issue with upstream gateway being outside upstream subnet):

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/736211

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3318

----------------------
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 13:22    Post subject: Re: TL-WDR3600 no internet access Reply with quote
Shue735 wrote:
I just got my new router today. I got it so I could install VPN on my router. I followed the install instructions and had a successful install with R25697. But now there's no connection via ethernet or wireless. I tried setting WAN to PPPoE and adding my ISP's username and password, also tried changing my IP address to 192.168.2.1 and cloning MAC as well still nothing...

Can someone advise?

Which is based your standard internet connection. You usally use PPPoE for connect to your ISP or you use this method actually with your new router. First - try to disable MAC clone, if you have modem you have two devices with the same MAC on network and It can't to work. Second hint: You have router with 192.x.x.x address. Wich is local IP of your modem. It can be a conflicts. Set local IP of DD-WRT router to 10.0.0.1 example. The ISP modem have local IP like 192.168.100.1 or 1.1 or 2.1 It can be provoke IP conflicts. You can one more time check your VPN connection data it's correctly establish connection to VPN server or not ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: