Linksys WRT3200 ACM - Wireless & VAP issues very odd iss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
bobthenewguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:57    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200 ACM - Wireless & VAP issues very odd iss Reply with quote
WRT3200ACM
build 48810 (tested on various ones)
2.4ghz radio only

need some help. I have two WRT3200's on the same build with different reactions.

these issues only affect the 2.4ghz radio. with 1 SSID I'm able to connect w\o issue.

when I add 1 VAP I can no longer connect to the original SSID but I can connect to the VAP.

if I add 2+ VAP I can't connect to anything. From the wireless status screen it doesn't show what channel it is configured\set to. when I remove all VAP's then it does show the channel being TX

during all this I can see the SSID being broadcast from clients, and I can also perform a channel survey which does produce results. indicating to me both TX and RX is working?

i've factory defaulted. changed to different software revisions, loaded reloaded config build new config from scratch. I'm out of idea's any help?

I have one router with no issues and one that does have issues. This issue arose out of nowhere, I wasn't performing any network mtc. I did load the config's (which are different) between the two and the problem follows the router it's not the config.
Sponsor
bobthenewguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 18:15    Post subject: updated Reply with quote
ok so I had more time for testing... rolled this back to factory and I'm able to get the 2.4ghz working at the same times as the guest network on the same radio. rolled back from factory to 48810. and observed the same issues described with no change.

I did find through testing no matter how many VAP I have I can access the last created vap.. IE if I have 5 VAP I can access vap #5 with no issues, if I have 4 I can access #4 with no issues so on and so fourth. basically I can only have one SSID that works at a time. I suppose this could be hardware related but I'm not convinced yet. still need idea's....
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Be sure you have wlan2 disabled. Use only wlan0 and wlan1. GUI Wireless tab, Bassc Settings subtab, Wireless mode.

May not be your issue, but 3200 owners get weird wifi behavior if wlan2 is enabled. It's not a full, usable wifi radio but is only there to monitor for radar signals, IIRC.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
bobthenewguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:16    Post subject: progress Reply with quote
I appreciate the idea I am aware of Wlan2 and it needs to be disabled. which it was in my original config. Although it was not in my nuke and rebuild because I simply forgot, so ty for the reminder. Now that lead me to LOTS of testing I'll spare everyone from the details but found that if I go from 5 VAP back to 3. reboot 47 times..... everything seemed to stabilize. I rolled my router back to a known good software and config rev 47882 and the same issue remains present in that load. so if it works with 3 VAP but not 5... and it has been working for more then a year I'm still leaning towards software.... even though testing still pushes me to hardware. ugh

I need my two VAP's back.. FWIW tested latest rev and issue still present. I remain on rev 48810. any other thoughts?
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not going to be much help, I'm afraid. I vaguely remember (?) that SFE won't play with VAPs, so keep it off. Other than that, I can report that my WRT1900ACSv2 routers work fine with four VAPs on build 49081. I use a wlan0.1 wlan1.1 wlan1.2 wlan1.3 without issue on one router and wlan0.1 wlan0.2 wlan1.1 wlan1.2 on another. Most but not all of these are unbridged.
2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: