[SOLVED] Set START/END days for Traffic by Month

Ceyarrecks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 13:52    Post subject: [SOLVED] Set START/END days for Traffic by Month Reply with quote
as my WISP has their bandwidth usage set to mid-month to mid-month, I would like to know the process to set DD-WRT's[DD-WRT v3.0-r48362 std (02/15/22)] START & END days for Traffic by Month display similarly.

I Thank You for the assistance.
HCA
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are talking about the ttraff monitor, it's month to month, there isn't any way to tweak that as far as I know.

I can see how that would be helpful in some cases. Perhaps there is a way Im not familiar with as usually I turn this monitor off.

Lets see what other members have to offer here in terms of advice.

I would advise you to bump your firmware version at least once a month, many changes/fixes and security fixes come in regularly.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well there was a thread about sending previous day's bandwidth usage from ttraff via email, but it got locked.
Outside of that, you have YAMon: the "stable" (while there seems to be no active support or development)
version is 3.4.x; the "latest" is 4.x.x. Most folks using YaMON are still using 3.4.x as the developer
seems to have abandoned the project for updates...

YAMon 3.4 - usage monitoring for your router

YAMon v4... usage totals by device

YAMon Update

YAMon website

YAMon v3 @ GitHub

YAMon v4 @ GitHub

.... there is also a version of bwmon specifically for DD-WRT, but it requires a USB flash drive.

ddwrt-bwmon @ GitHub

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
Ceyarrecks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:45    Post subject: There it is, again. Reply with quote
I want to Thank You both for the input;
for indeed, YAMon does, exactly!, seem to be that which I seek!
However (and without getting into the problems *I* deal with) I am stopped by one specific, and seemingly a-typical statement: "and at least passing familiarity with;" which the attitude presented by so many seems to me, that *I* need to know everything, instantly remember everything,... so why am I being a bother even asking, since I should already know everything!"

Sure, tell a Paraplegic: "you discovered you need "x, y, & z"? then go climb THAT a~w mountain,.. everyone else did it with no problem." But I digress.

So again, Thank You for the input,...
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 14:46    Post subject: Re: There it is, again. Reply with quote
Ceyarrecks wrote:
I want to Thank You both for the input;
for indeed, YAMon does, exactly!, seem to be that which I seek!
However (and without getting into the problems *I* deal with) I am stopped by one specific, and seemingly a-typical statement: "and at least passing familiarity with;" which the attitude presented by so many seems to me, that *I* need to know everything, instantly remember everything,... so why am I being a bother even asking, since I should already know everything!"

Sure, tell a Paraplegic: "you discovered you need "x, y, & z"? then go climb THAT a~w mountain,.. everyone else did it with no problem." But I digress.

So again, Thank You for the input,...

If that unhappiness expressed was directed at my original reply, I wasn't aware it contained any such wording to evoke such feelings,it wasn't intentional and if it was taken that way, I'm sorry.

Will mark thread as solved.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
dale_gribble39 wrote:

.... there is also a version of bwmon specifically for DD-WRT, but it requires a USB flash drive.

As also does Yamon:
usage-monitoring.com wrote:
YAMon requires a router with at least one USB port that has been flashed with one of the *WRT firmware variants

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: