WRT3200ACM v3.0-r37139 advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
ew1981
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 17:03    Post subject: WRT3200ACM v3.0-r37139 advice needed Reply with quote
Hi, I have a WRT3200ACM running DDWRT r37139. recently it seems to be dropping the internet a bit, only for like 1 second, but its enough to push me out of a game, this also happens if 2 computers are playing online games, same with the wifi. ive not put new firmware on it for a long time, i wonder if i should put newer firmware on it?. dose anyone know one thats stable or should i put the newest one on it?

i wonder if the cpu temperature can be causing it? it seems to be around 80c but i don't know how accurate this is.

thanks in advance for any help
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recent builds have been solid, so try the latest. Tons of improvements and security fixes so well worth it. You will need to reset the config after flashing (either "nvram erase && reboot" in ssh/telnet or hold in reset button on back until panel lights flash and reboot starts) and then carefully re-enter your configuration. You won't be able to just coast through on your current settings.

Re temp... I've not worked with the 3200 but the WRT1900ACSv2 that I use, the model before yours, can get erratic at 80 deg or even sometimes at 75, so I set mine on a USB fan blowing upward through the case and powered from USB1 in back. Keeps my CPU in the 55C range. Maybe try a portable fan first just to see if some cooling makes a difference.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: