Recover configuration file from Linksys E1200 router?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
minfarm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 15:31    Post subject: Recover configuration file from Linksys E1200 router? Reply with quote
Hi,

I have an E1200 V2 router that quit working. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to serially (or another way) recover the configuration file from the router? I did not have the configuration backed up.

When I power up the E1200 only the WPS light flashes. It shows no other sign of life. No light when Ethernet cable or Internet cable is plugged in. No Wi-Fi.

TIA
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you can connect serial console, you can break boot if it doesn't already break itself with CTRL+C, then at the cfe> prompt, do the normal serial flash with a trailed build of dd-wrt. It should preserve your settings unless for some reason the nvram got corrupted and that's why it bricked... otherwise, maybe issue an nvram backup and see if that does anything. I would focus on de-bricking; you can always reconfigure from scratch. I know it's a pain in the assets, but sometimes you just gotta take one for the team. There is also management mode... are you sure it's not in management mode?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
done it few times but didn't keep anything but the pic Twisted Evil

E1200v2 serial connection
minfarm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies.

The router was operating normally and all of a sudden Internet traffic stopped working. I power cycled the router and then it went completely dead except for the WPS LED. Could have this put it into management mode? How can I take it out of this mode if that is the case?

I do have another E1200 so if it is possible to somehow get the config file from the broken one I can load it into the good one to retrieve my settings.

Thanks again!
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
A power cycle shouldn't have done that. And if it is in management mode, another power cycle would take it out of management mode. Blinking light is usually a sign that something got corrupted, so you may just to have to start over, as I previously mentioned.

Linksys E1200v2 - DD-WRT Wiki

What to do if the router does not work after a failed firmware upgrade - Linksys Support

Blinking Power or Diag LED on a router - Linksys Support

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: