Linksys WRT1200ACv2 can't secure Wifi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JediMaster666
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
@JediMaster666

But surely something we have to see otherwise the screenshots are useless.

I can tell you where MAC addresses do and do not match. The only thing a picture is going to do is give away sensitive information.

ho1Aetoo wrote:
If you post a bug report then it is actually also part of it to provide comprehensible information.

The only thing I have disagreed with is giving the world a look at my MAC addresses.

ho1Aetoo wrote:
Well, MAC filtering works for me as it should - I tested it briefly earlier.

It hasn't worked for me except in the absence of other security settings or on my old firmware in over a year.

ho1Aetoo wrote:
I can't understand your described problem - this will be because you didn't post any usable settings and because I have another router - I don't know.

I posted a screenshots of all my settings. Please read the thread.

ho1Aetoo wrote:
But since you apparently do not want to cooperate - well, I also have other things to do.

I've cooperated with everything that isn't completely asinine or a security risk. All and all I've been more patient with all of this than I should be.

ho1Aetoo wrote:
By the way, not all digits of the MAC address are individual, the first 6 digits are usually the manufacturer code (OUI Organizationally unique identifier).
Millions of devices have this code *yawn

If they're no big deal, then that's just another reason you don't need to see them.
Sponsor
JediMaster666
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
General rule of thumb: use the settings that work with all clients.

When I tested, I only had the minimal amount of settings changed. The screenshots and description of the settings were also posted every time. In summation, basic DNS settings + Radio config (5ghz only with SSID off) + WEP(2/2SHA/3) and AES + mac filtering. That's it. I have tried this on multiple firmware versions over the past couple years. The last stable version I have gotten to work with all these settings is 36247. This is all in the thread.
JediMaster666
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
Well, you can mix the settings.
WPA3 has a transition mode (WPA3+WPA2) according to the spec.
But this is a relatively pointless setting.

I only ever use 1 at a time unless you count my current as is configuration with newer firmware. I am now using AES on the 5ghs and not on 2.4ghz. I had 2.4 off while testing.
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
JediMaster666 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
General rule of thumb: use the settings that work with all clients.

When I tested, I only had the minimal amount of settings changed. The screenshots and description of the settings were also posted every time. In summation, basic DNS settings + Radio config (5ghz only with SSID off) + WEP(2/2SHA/3) and AES + mac filtering. That's it. I have tried this on multiple firmware versions over the past couple years. The last stable version I have gotten to work with all these settings is 36247. This is all in the thread.

Use WPA2 Personal, not the ancient and obsolete WEP. Then secure with CCMP-128 (AES).

I haven't followed this thread, so this is a "drive-by" comment. Apologies, but figured this was worth a note.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
JediMaster666
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
SurprisedItWorks wrote:
Use WPA2 Personal, not the ancient and obsolete WEP.

I sometimes mix up my acronyms. I use WPA. Thought this whole ordeal over the past couple of days, you wouldn't believe how hard I had to work to keep AES and SHA in the right places.
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
JediMaster666 wrote:
SurprisedItWorks wrote:
Use WPA2 Personal, not the ancient and obsolete WEP.

I sometimes mix up my acronyms. I use WPA. Thought this whole ordeal over the past couple of days, you wouldn't believe how hard I had to work to keep AES and SHA in the right places.

Yeah, we're all in that club. Good to hear this was not the issue anyway.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: