New Build - 06/10/2022 - r49139

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
foreverforgotten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! I'll give it a try. I did read that forum post you provided previously when researching optimal settings for the wireless interfaces, but also compared against the documented basic and advanced settings from here:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Basic_Wireless_Settings
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Advanced_wireless_settings

From the basic settings wiki page, it recommended starting with 90 for the ACK Timing, so that became my baseline. I bumped it up and will monitor over time before making other tweaks.

Cheers!
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wiki pages are a good reference to understand what options do and how they work, but they maybe not all be quite up to date.

Also https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Basic_Wireless_Settings has a lot of Atheros stuff that doesn't apply.

ACK time by default is 500 and recommended is 1350 as per optimal setting, or more depending on coverage desired. Starting with less than default, 90 meters means very small area coverage and this wont be desired especially if there are neighboring APs on same channel that belong to someone else. So in that case you choose a less crowded channel/frequency, but generally you want more rather than less ACK timing...

Also as a note this build is already outdated, r49212 is the latest Wink

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
foreverforgotten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to know! I bumped up the ACK timing, so far so good! I'll re-review the forum post you linked previously as well pertaining to optimal/recommended settings against what I set to confirm other values.

Yeah I know I'm already behind on the builds; I'll update to latest soon. Figured I'd at least submit a report for my current version since I haven't seen anyone doing so for RT-AC5300 router lately, and I can get my habit of submitting reports going as well.

Cheers!
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Always welcome these reports, Ive seen a few owners of that with varied issues, though I dont recall off the top of my head what they were.
DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: