DD-WRT Blocking MusicBee Wifi Sync TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Claymer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 16:00    Post subject: DD-WRT Blocking MusicBee Wifi Sync TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5 Reply with quote
Hi all, I use MusicBee on Windows 10 to manage my music library and sync it wirelessly to my phone using the Android app. I'm running DD-WRT in wireless client mode connected to a base router. If I connect my computer and my phone to the base router I can sync without a problem, but when I connect both to my DD-WRT TP-Link router the app can't see the sync server on the windows machine. Something in DD-WRT is blocking it, but I don't know what it is or where to begin troubleshooting this. It worked fine when I had the vanilla firmware on the C7.

TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5
DD-WRT v3.0-r48646 std
Linux 3.18.140-d6 #140375 Tue Apr 12 17:45:00 +07 2022 mips

I would much appreciate any help, even if you just point me in the right direction to start to troubleshoot this.

Thanks.
Sponsor
jbkt23
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
The vanilla firmware in this router only effects the 5 Ghz radio per clarification earlier today. But from my experience degradation on the 5 G band can effect the lan side as well. Try switching to the vanilla firmware and see if this clears up your issue.
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
There has been vanilla fw upgrade on dev tree (master) since this build, idk to which target it applies and cant even guess afaicr since it was a binary file.
DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
ath10k r49049 introduced new vanilla binaries, r49113 new dd-wrt binaries also new ATF scheduler by nbd.

C7 v5 is ath10k QCA9880 for 5 GHz, QCA988X, so I do not think this router is included in binaries updates.

Which model is the base router? Avoid client modes, instead Ethernet run or matching hardware with WDS.
Claymer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
jbkt23 wrote:
The vanilla firmware in this router only effects the 5 Ghz radio per clarification earlier today. But from my experience degradation on the 5 G band can effect the lan side as well. Try switching to the vanilla firmware and see if this clears up your issue.

I know the vanilla firmware clears it up because it worked when I had the vanilla firmware installed. It also works when I connect both the windows machine and phone to the Sagemcom base router. I looks to me like there's something in DD-WRT that's blocking the connection. There's something that needs to be disabled or enabled to allow the connection, I just don't know what it could be.

blkt wrote:
ath10k r49049 introduced new vanilla binaries, r49113 new dd-wrt binaries also new ATF scheduler by nbd.

C7 v5 is ath10k QCA9880 for 5 GHz, QCA988X, so I do not think this router is included in binaries updates.

Which model is the base router? Avoid client modes, instead Ethernet run or matching hardware with WDS.

Base router is a Sagemcom, not sure about the model. I don't think it has anything to do with the base router because the problem is strictly when I've got the windows machine and the phone both connected to the Archer C7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: